The Nub Theory, what do you think?

Dee83

Reaction score
Hey,

I've just found this website explaining the Nub Theory in detail:

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2009/06/03/nub-theory-baby-gender-prediction-at-12-weeks/

Do you believe in this theory, or have you used it before you had your 20 week scan and found out if it works?

Also, i've attached a scan pic of my baby at 13weeks and would love to know your opinions on the sex please? :) Looking at the pictures on that website i would say it looks like i'm having a boy???

Thanks girls.

Dee. xxxx

Attachments

• untitled 2.JPG
    untitled 2.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 50
From what I've seen in the net it looks like a girl nub xx

From what I've seen in the net it looks like a girl nub xx

Thanks Princess. I think i must be looking at the wrong bit then! Lol. I'm looking at the little line at the base of the leg, is that were your looking? xx

It could be me looking at the wrong bit :blush:
The others are better at this than me :oooo:

I would say a boy using the nub theory too! Trouble is lots of scan pics are not really clear enough to tell properly.

I would say a boy using the nub theory too! Trouble is lots of scan pics are not really clear enough to tell properly.

Thanks Sarah. Think i will add another pic and see if that's any clearer!! xx

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 33
This is SO interesting!
The bit about the 'penis-like protuberance between the legs' indicates that I'm having a boy ;)
I'd love a girl but after constant dreams about having a boy, I've warmed to the idea.
I haven't had one dream about having a girl yet.

I wondered what that 'penis-like protuberance between the legs' was on my scan picture.
Here it is:

24-05-2011112740.jpg

I guess we're both having nub boys then! Can't wait to find out xxx

Last edited:
Me three, I am convinced I am having a boy!! I really would love a boy first, older brother to the next one! But obviously a girl would be amazing. Here's my picture but it's not clear enough to get a good idea....are you going to find out?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307774754.337217.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307774754.337217.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 10
I would say that yours Tiffany definitely looks like a boys nub! Not too sure about yours waiting 4 bfp!

What do you think about mine, any ideas? Having looked at a few more websites about the theory i'm now swaying more towards a girl!! xx

Waiting 4 bfp - I never thought about that! I'm so keen to have a little girl (mainly to dress her up in pretty things and to use this perfect baby girl's name that we have our hearts set on) :lol:. But growing up, I was dying to have an older brother, I was so jealous of my friends that had that 'older protective brother'. I've warmed to the idea of having a little boy and now you've made me warm to the idea even more! An older brother for my little girl would be so lovely. Like fulfilling my wish to have an elder protective brother.

Dee - I think you're having a girl too. How exciting! xxx

Me three, I am convinced I am having a boy!! I really would love a boy first, older brother to the next one! But obviously a girl would be amazing. Here's my picture but it's not clear enough to get a good idea....are you going to find out?

I'd say boy too hun.
I'm definitely going to find out the sex, are you?? xxx

Hey,

I've just found this website explaining the Nub Theory in detail:

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2009/06/03/nub-theory-baby-gender-prediction-at-12-weeks/

Do you believe in this theory, or have you used it before you had your 20 week scan and found out if it works?

Also, i've attached a scan pic of my baby at 13weeks and would love to know your opinions on the sex please? :) Looking at the pictures on that website i would say it looks like i'm having a boy???

Thanks girls.

Dee. xxxx

Looks like a girl nub to me hun x

This is SO interesting!
The bit about the 'penis-like protuberance between the legs' indicates that I'm having a boy ;)
I'd love a girl but after constant dreams about having a boy, I've warmed to the idea.
I haven't had one dream about having a girl yet.

I wondered what that 'penis-like protuberance between the legs' was on my scan picture.
Here it is:

24-05-2011112740.jpg

I guess we're both having nub boys then! Can't wait to find out xxx

Have you got a different pic? Your baby is curled up so can't really tell. The spine need to be straight to get a better guess xx

I can't see a nub clearly on this photo, have you another?

Nub guesses generally works best if your baby is between 12-14 weeks and the spine is straight (not curled up) Its not 100% accurate and I'm certainly no expert lol It was spot on for my boy though!

Thanks girls, Can't see little dangley thing on any of the other photo's I don't think -

24-05-2011113050.jpg

24-05-2011112839.jpg

Really looking forward to finding out the sex, Eeeek I can't wait! xxx

Actually, I think it's visible on top picture? I'd say girl nub there though? xxx

Im not sure about the other two pics..
Will you be finding out or keeping it a surprise?x

Finding out definitely! :D We want to be prepared for pink or blue stuff.
Got a feeling it's a boy though.

Was thinking of doing one of them gender prediction tests, just for a bit of fun. I'll look forward to seeing if it's correct at the 20 week scan xxx

I think boy going on your first pic..
oooh that would be interesting... always wondered if the tests worked...!
If you do one u have to let us know!!

Im going for team yellow bout im soooooo tempted lol!!! especially as ill be having scans every 2 weeks from 20weeks its gonna be hard haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back