Think I've lost my plug?? HELP!!!

vixxie77

Reaction score
Well I read an article yesterday about a lady who on her due date was told about raspberry leaf tea. So she went and bought some drank 4 cups in one evening and her waters broke at midnight and she had baby next day!!! :shock: So I thought I'd give it a try! Then late yesterday evening I found I was having small amounts of what I think is plug loss, yellow snotty discharge (sorry tmi!). Been checking all night, every time I got up for wee, but didn't really see anything. Then woke up a while ago coz OH going to work, had quite abit more at first THEN a really big blob, bigger than a 2 pound coin!!!!

Now I'm really scared!! :oooo: Especially after Emma's thread when here labour started the same way! Don't know what to expect now?? Its just I've had no signs atall and am now 4 days overdue and now this!!! Is it likely to happen really quickly?? My OH works an hour and half away too which concerns me too, told him he must drop everything and drive if I need him!!

Sorry form long thread :) x x

Last edited:
Oh cant really help but hope this is the start of things to cpme

It does sound like plug!! Fingers crossed, baby will be here soon x x

Definitely sounds like ur plug but don't worry,labour could still b ages away xxx

It does sound like plug!! Fingers crossed, baby will be here soon x x

Thanks hun. Does it always have blood in it? Not had any blood yet, should I be more concerned when it does? x x

I had no blood until labour with Lacey and had a tiny bit of blood in plug 2 days before having charley so it can differ!! Have you had a sweep yet? Hopefully that'll get things moving! x x

I had no blood until labour with Lacey and had a tiny bit of blood in plug 2 days before having charley so it can differ!! Have you had a sweep yet? Hopefully that'll get things moving! x x

Oh I see. Had sweep last Weds, got midwife tomoro so will be have another one then. Just scared coz I haven't had any signs atall and now lots of plug lose, so thinking it might just suddenly happen?? x x

I didnt have blood with my first, just loads of clear watery discharge which ended up being my show then i started getting contractions. You could be like this for a day or 2 or it could happen sooner but if your at all worried then maybe phone your midwife and see if she could check you out today or give you more advice. Hope baby doesnt keep you waiting too much longer, i was also 4 days over due when i had my wee girl! Good luck hun x

I didnt have blood with my first, just loads of clear watery discharge which ended up being my show then i started getting contractions. You could be like this for a day or 2 or it could happen sooner but if your at all worried then maybe phone your midwife and see if she could check you out today or give you more advice. Hope baby doesnt keep you waiting too much longer, i was also 4 days over due when i had my wee girl! Good luck hun x

I have midwife tomorrow so will see what she says then. Not getting any pains, etc, so don't think I'll worry til then :lol: Just really shocked me this morning with such a large amount at once, even showed my OH, which I was very surprised he was fine with!! :) Oh was u, how funny! hopefully won't be too long then. How soon after show did u get contractions? Thanks hun x x

I went to bed that night after midnight and ended up getting up around 4am to go to the toilet and noticed the show, i was in and out the toilet a few times and started getting the contractions around an hour later. Mine actually came on really fast and were lasting a min and coming every 2-3 mins from the start but the labour still lasted 12 hours.
My other half was so tired when i tried to wake him that he mumble in his sleep for me to get back in the bed and we could go to the hospital in the morning lol! A swift slap soon sorted that out lol!

lol! bless him! Oh right, well I'll wait and see if any pains start and then get my OH to come home, still not getting any tho! x x

hey im same as you been getting it for a week now so ive given up although ur further on than me so u probably have a better chance, are you getting any braxton hicks or tightenings too? xxx

bump has been feeling abit tight but no pains? x x

Ooh how exciting! Hope things go nice and steadily for you and your OH has enough notice from bubs :-S

At what stage do they induce at your hospital Vixxie? They dont let you go over 10 days here...?!?! xx

At what stage do they induce at your hospital Vixxie? They dont let you go over 10 days here...?!?! xx

half way between 41 wks and 42 wks, so midwife will book it tomoro. Ticker comes up wrong by the way, I'm 4 days over at the mo x x

Good luck hun, sounds possible that you are losing your plug!!!xx

tightenings are still ur body's way of preparing for labour its your cervix, so thats good. good luck and keep us informed xx

Thanks ladies. Will keep u informed, nothing else happening at the moment x x

Well still losing bits of plug and had very watery discharge last night, not sure if it was my waters?? Thought if waters were leaking then it would be continuous? :eh: Got midwife at 11.30 today, having 2nd sweep and booking induction!! :yay: Hope 2nd sweep works!! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back