Thomas Peter Kent 25/02/08

Warley

Reaction score
Hiya! I know this has taken me ages to write but with my trauma of trying to BF, lack of sleep etc…. I think you all know how hard it is to get round to writing this!

Well it started on Friday 22nd Feb, I woke up damp..phoned the hospital and got told to come in and be examined. The midwife said that my hind waters had gone which means that there was a hole in the top of the bag which was letting water trickle down and out. If I hadn’t gone into labour by 6pm the next day I would have to come in and be induced because there was a possibility of infection – so spent a few hours in Tesco hoping my waters would break properly so I could get the years free shopping…but nothing!

Saturday came and by 6pm nothing so went in and was given the gel at 10pm…slept all night and nothing. Sunday morning came and was given the next lot of gel. By Sunday even was having regular contractions but nothing too painful. The MW said that I couldn’t have the next lot of gel as I was having contractions but she gave me a sweep instead….oh my god how painful! By midnight on Sunday contractions had worn off ;(

Monday morning I was told that I would definitely be induced today as it had gone on longer than 48hours. At 1pm I was taken to the delivery suite and had my waters broken (OUCH!) and given another sweep (OUCH!). At 3pm I was hooked onto the oxytocin drip and by 7pm my contractions were getting very regular and incredibly painful! The doc examined me and I was only 3cm dilated so she said check again in another 3 hours…It was all getting exhausting and very painful, the gas and air was rubbish at getting rid of the pain, but bloody good between contractions! I starting to go to sleep between contractions then waking in immense pain..so the nurse gave me pethidiene which just made me pass out more!

At 10pm…I was 4cm dilated and then to check in another 3 hours – I was getting to the “I can’t do this stage” and crying at OH, who was just chilling out with a cup of tea! It’s really weird the pain was so intense I was starting to hate everyone – he was lying back to back and because I was strapped to the monitor and the drip I couldn’t get up and walk about – it was hell! However at 11:45 he started getting distressed with every contraction and his heart rate plummeted from 170bpm to 85bpm! So then a million people rushed in all shouting push! I was so tired and so I had the forceps AND the Vontouse AND and episiotomy! After a few feeble pushes and a lot of help he popped out at 11.55am. Very hairy!…unfortunately because of the trauma he was put on the table and sorted out by the paediatrician before I could see him. OH got to see him first and have a hug and a cry.. I think he needed it after nearly passing out! But after that we had the skin to skin thing and it was so wonderful holding my little baby boy – it was amazing! He was 8lb6oz same as OH was! Poor little lad had marks all down his forehead and a squished head.

Its so weird that I really didn’t think I enjoyed being pregnant or giving birth but looking back it was great, and yes I would do it all again!

n597632027_724062_4002.jpg

n597632027_724063_5312.jpg

awwwwwwwwwww, he is lovely!!!

Congrats hun!!

Sorry you had a hard time but just look at your gorgeous gorgeous son! He's absolutely adorable! Congratulations :hug:

Sounds incredibly like my first labour - 45 hours after premature ruptured membranes and induction ended with forceps and episiotomy - went on to have a 45 minute labour with the next and a leisurely 4 hours with the next - both straight forward and easy - was in the pub beer garden with a G&T less than 24 hours after my second. Glad to hear it hasnt put you off and he is SOOOOOO gorgeous worth every minute I bet :)

congratulations :)

Aww congratulations, he's gorgeous, lots of lovely hair. BTW did you suffer from heartburn throughout your pregnancy? Ive had it since about 6 weeks and I read that its a sign of a hairy baby, just wondered what your experience has been.

Congrats. What a lovely head of hair. xxx

Everyone keeps asking me this...I had no indigestion whatsoever so its a load of rubbish that hairy babies give you this!

X

aww his little fluffy head - soooooooo sweet!! :D congratulations hunni :hug:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish