Thought it was about time....

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
....to start packing my hospital bag! And boy is it looking full! I was never intending on having a seperate bag for baby but have had to as there's so much! I've put baby's things in the changing bag for now.

Can anyone add anything to my list that I should have packed?
I have so far
2 x nighty
1 x pyjamas
5 x BIG pants
2 x packs maternity towels
Swimsuit
Vest top
Light dressing gown
Shampoo
Conditioner
Moisturiser
Camera (charged!)
Make up
Contact lenses
Clothes for hubby
Breast pads

Still got to get some snacks to go in there.

For baby I have
3 x sleep suits
3 x vests
Coming home outfit
Hat
Scratch mits
1 x bib
3 x muslin squares
1 x cardi
1 x blanket
Cotton wool
15 nappies
Baby wipes

mines overflowing too, need to rethink it quick lol x

don't forget slippers / grippy socks. Maybe a book too! Can be boring waiting sometimes! A nice big towel too.

I suggest getting everything as dark as possible... blood is messy.

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

I asked midwife about what to pack for baby last week as I've no idea how much he'll need. She told me to only take 5 nappies and no 'best' clothes!! as there's a lot of thieving that goes on in the hospital. Not exactly confidence inspiring!!

I asked midwife about what to pack for baby last week as I've no idea how much he'll need. She told me to only take 5 nappies and no 'best' clothes!! as there's a lot of thieving that goes on in the hospital. Not exactly confidence inspiring!!

Omg that's awful! To be fair, I live in the Medway Towns, which, unfortunately has a rather high population of skanky people, so I'd better be careful with what I take! x

I was also told a flannel, lip balm and straws were a good idea to pack in the hospital bag xxx

I had three large bags and barely used a thing! Lol, exciting though isn't it? ;) x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Don't forgot a small purse of change for the car park and vending machine?
Also some coming home clothes for you? X

Ooh yes, I went home in my jamas and dressing gown! Lol!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

I started my hospital bag this weekend too, even though we're hoping to have a home birth. What I've done is made a separate box of extras so that the bag I bring into hospital isn't too big - so extra nappies, maternity pads, going home clothes etc. will stay in the box in the car and OH can bring them in as required. I am a big fan of travelling light, as it were!

You might want nipple cream if you're going to try BF...

And yay for giant pants! I bought a pack of 5 in Matalan yesterday for three quid - glamorous times, eh?
xxx

Last edited:

Omg that's awful! To be fair, I live in the Medway Towns, which, unfortunately has a rather high population of skanky people, so I'd better be careful with what I take! x

Love this kirsty, havent been there for nearly 2 week si forgot already haha...
x

My MW told me to take a pack of nappies!! She said that a newborn can use up to 10 in one day and if you are in overnight it can be problematic if you don't have enough! xx

Love this kirsty, havent been there for nearly 2 week si forgot already haha...
x

Haha I forgot you worked at Medway hospital! You're well aware of the types of people that live in Medway then! Jeremy Kyle show springs to mind! At least you don't have to give birth there! It's a shame really, they spoil it for us 'normal' people! last time I went for a scan there were 3 drunks sitting drinking cider outside on the grounds of the hospital, one with a bleeding wound on the back of his head. Yick! xx

Last edited:
I would definitely take a flannel. During labour with my DD I was so hot and my oh was looking for something to use as a cold compress on my forehead, but the only thing the midwife could offer him was a maternity pad! Believe me lying with a cold, soaked sanitary towel on your head does not make you feel dignified,lol!
Also a magazine with puzzles in it helps pass the time!

A wee spray bottle for cool water or that magi-cool stuff, a mini fan, snacks, nice juice or energy drinks. And for baby do u have hat and mits packed?
I've also put in spare batteries for my camera as it would break my heart if I ran out!!
Xx

Yes have ordered a mini fan online. I do have a hat and scratch mits too. :) Soo much to remember! I'm sure I'll be adding little bits to it for weeks! x

Ok I NEED to pack my bag. I think I'm in denial, like, if I pack my bag it will cause me to go into labour and I'm not ready!!

I have bought a couple of juice box packs - easy to drink from! Also glucose tablets/lucozade. And I've bought a ton of mini toiletries so that I can just take them and not worry about taking stuff from the bathroom when I'm in labour.

There is a sainsburys and a boots 30 seconds from the hospital so if I'm very desperate for something specific I'm sure hubs can go out and get it!

xxx

Haha mrs blue I'm the opposite, the reason I have left it so long to pack my bag is that I feel like if I'm too prepared baby will never come! So I left it till now as I don't want to jinx it by being too prepared. I'll prob go overdue now! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back