Threatened hospital with formal complaint...

mdsremos

Reaction score
Oliver has problems with acid reflux which were so bad at the beginning that the GP was unsure whether he was having seizures due to 'funny episodes' where he would shake or go rigid and turn blue!
Were under the Paediatric team at the local hospital and after a development check with the GP the other week, he's not got great head control and hangs his arms back at times and clenches his fists especially on the left, we were informed it was just something to keep an eye on and 'nothing to do with his Sandifer's Syndrome'.....I walked away thinking who diagnosed the Sandifers and why didnt they bother to tell us, were only his parents for god sake!!!!
GP reception called me to say it was the consultant who diagnosed the Sandifers so called them last Tuesday and spoke to Secretary asking for call back re increase of meds (he has Ranitidine and Domperidone as well as Gaviscon in his milk).
Received no call back and he's been really sick over the past week just throwing his bottles up, called again yesterday and told that the consultant has been on leave, apologies but person who took message should have told me and note was in Dr's pigeon hole for action....promised call back that day.
Nothing by this morning, called and left message on answermachine asking for call back otherwise I will lodge a formal complaint!!!
Half hour later got a call to say letter was faxed to my GP yesterday....pointed out we didnt even get a call to say that the meds can be increased....also copy letter sent to us today..Arrrgggghhhh!!!!!!! :wall2:
Got the secretary to read me the letter over the phone so we can increase meds today and asked that it be noted that we want to see the head Consultant were supposed to be under for future appointments as this lack of communication is appalling.
So frustrated that they have left a 4 month old to suffer for a week when all they needed to do was call me with an update/instructions.

Rant over!!! :oooo:

Thats terrible hun, poor little mite!

Hope hes ok and starts to get better with the increase in meds

Xxx

I can't believe how shockingly bad they've been! Hope the increase in meds helps :hug: x

God, how terrible! I wonder if it was the threat of a complaint that made them get their act together, what if you hadn't threatened them with that? Hope things start to improve soon now you've finally got the info you needed x

That's shocking! I hope he gets better treatment from now on and the increase in meds help.
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back