Three Wheeler Prams

ladyminklett

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of the Mamma's and Pappas three wheeler Sport Pram?
In fact any of those type of prams. We live in a rural area so pavements and clean roads are rare. We love walking our dogs so I was told this would be the best type of pram for me.
What do you think? Thinking, cleaning wheels, manouvering and of course weight and car storage. Any help would be fab! I'm just over 30 weeks and feeling very confused about the whole thing

I dont have any experience with the mamas and papas, but I do have a 3-wheeler urban detour from mothercare, which I love! :D It is very big and bulky and obviously not great for storage, but for baby's sake and while out and about it is a dream. It handles extremely well and we often use it to go out into the country with the dog, or on the terrible bumpy footpaths around here, it's great for that kinda stuff :) We have a fairly big car with a huge boot - Saab 93 - so keeping it in the car isn't a problem, but if you had a smaller boot it could be awkward. The wheels do come off though to make it slightly smaller for storage, but tbh we have always kept it in the car ready for when we are out and about. I also have a lightweight buggy that we use for smaller trips to town or nipping to the shops, which we keep in the house.

Cleaning it is fairly easy, all the covers come off to wash in the machine, and as I said above, the wheels are removable so we just wash them individually under the outside tap if we have been for a really muddy walk! Hope this helps a little x :hug:

ive got the luna mix and its great - tackled the snow well

I havent got any experience of mama and papas, but I have got the Jane Salom pro 3 wheeler and I love it!

It is quite big when folded but the back wheels clip off really easily to reduce the size, I have got it in my mates corsa before (though there was no room for anything else in the boot!) It is heavy, but no more than any other 3 wheeler.

I've never washed the wheels, but then we keep it in the porch so its never been an issue. Any mud just falls off when its dry. I've never had a puncture and have only had to blow up the tyres once in the 10 months I've been using it.
Its brilliant over rough terrain and snow and it has a bike style brake on the front wheel so you can get it down steep hills and banks without it pulling you over or losing control.

Until Logan was about 7 or 8 months old I was using it with the matrix cup carseat which meant that when he was very young he could lie flat in it like a carrycot, then when older he could sit up facing me.
I've got the main seat unit on now, though its suitable from birth as it lies completely flat.

I'm really chuffed with it, I'd definately buy it again. I bought a little buggy as well but never use it cos the 3 wheeler is so much nicer to push and you can get a lot more in the basket. I just keep the buggy for the very rare occassion I'm getting a bus.

I have the Icandy Jogger, which is also compatible with the maxi-cosi car seat..........absolutely love it, and we bought it for dog walking!!

I have the Maxi Cosi Aura and love it.

I wanted a 3 wheeler with air filled tyres that looked different to all the other pushchairs around.

It was fab in the snow and ice but storage and folding is poor.

The wheels are easy to clean but the raincover is rubbish. It's quite stiff and my DS doesn't like it.

I don't think I would recommend it to others but I still love it.

I also have the Mothercare urban detour as I walk my dogs in the woods and have no problems with it at all. Its a lot more sturdy than my friends Quinny and is so easy to steer.

As for storing, I can fold it up with one hand and it fits in the boot of my mitsubishi colt. Its quite surprising how small it actually goes, especially when you take the wheels off.

lisa282 said:
I dont have any experience with the mamas and papas, but I do have a 3-wheeler urban detour from mothercare, which I love! :D It is very big and bulky and obviously not great for storage, but for baby's sake and while out and about it is a dream. It handles extremely well and we often use it to go out into the country with the dog, or on the terrible bumpy footpaths around here, it's great for that kinda stuff :) We have a fairly big car with a huge boot - Saab 93 - so keeping it in the car isn't a problem, but if you had a smaller boot it could be awkward. The wheels do come off though to make it slightly smaller for storage, but tbh we have always kept it in the car ready for when we are out and about. I also have a lightweight buggy that we use for smaller trips to town or nipping to the shops, which we keep in the house.

Cleaning it is fairly easy, all the covers come off to wash in the machine, and as I said above, the wheels are removable so we just wash them individually under the outside tap if we have been for a really muddy walk! Hope this helps a little x :hug:

We have the urban detour also. We were dragging ours through the mud on a footpath on Monday and it was fine. We keep ours in the boot of the car also as have nowhere to put it in the house. I use the sling for the more muddier walks and when we take paths with styles.

Yes we have the 03 Sport from M&P and the Primo Viaggio car seat which can fit on the top of the buggy. We bought it because we wanted to have something hard wearing and good for dogwalking. We have been pretty pleased with it so far although we did get a puncture from a bramble! It is very bulky but is very manoeuvrable and the dog is quite happy to walk beside it. If the road/track is very bumpy is does shake the pushchair and so we usually use a mei tai/sling for real cross country walks. I have an Astra and the M&P fits in the back with the front wheel removed, not sure it would fit in anything smaller though. I would take your car to M&P and get them to try it in your boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back