To use opks or not???

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Morning ladies, im looking for abit of advice, i know opks work for some people and not for others and im really undecided whether to use them this cycle. I was going to go for the relaxed approach but one the other hand, id like to know that i have ov'ed. Wondered whether you lovely ladies and give me your opinions on using them and whether you have had any good/bad experiances? x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey M2A :)

How's you today?

I started using OPKs from CD5 to CD16 just so I could see the change of lines up until the surge

I started off using the cheapie ones but was getting frustrated with them as the line was unbelievable faint & worried that either the tests were rubbish or something was wrong with me!!!!

So I decided to change my OPKs & used the ones from Boots & they were fantastic, it was so easy to see the line & could definitely tell if was a positive or not

I found when the cheapie ones dried out the line practically disappeared but with the Boots ones it didn't happen

Also found frustrating that with the cheapie ones you had to pee in a pot whereas the Boots ones you can just POAS :)

The only downside is probably the price, obviously you can get lots of the cheapie ones at a very good price but Boots is 7 for £15.99 then again as long as you don't go obsessive like me & do more then 4 in a day your be ok

Hope that helps hun

xxxxxxx

Hiya M2A..
Although they havnt really helped me so far I am going to continue to use them as it's nice to just know when I ovulate.. From what I have read tho you can still have the surge without releasing the egg.. Then I can make sure I BD at the right times.. If it still doesn't happen for me then atleast I can go to the doctors and say " look I have tried everything and it still isn't helping".
Good luck Hun x

Totally agree with kezza. I buy the clearblue digi every month. Iv never used a cheapy and I usually pee on 4 of the 7 sticks get the smiley face and that's it for the month, no further stress. U can get them on amazon fir about 12.99 soo worth it!!! I have to say tho u need a fairly regular cycle xxx

That's me out of the question then lol.. My cycles confuzzle the hell out of me!!!
X

yeah that is the trouble with the more expensive ones. u only get 7 sticks so need an idea of when ov will occur so that you use them at the appropriate time xx

Very true positivity, I've only just realised that I OV couple days later then the expected OV time for my cycles

xxx

To use :)

Try not to let them change when you bd, just keep them as a record and then the second cycle you use them start narrowing it down based on your first cycle.

I haven't tried the cheapies, but there is no way i'd pay £15 for 7 sticks.

I trust CB though so i use the ones for the monitor as they still work like any OPK but 20 sticks for £20 but there is normally a deal on.

Thanks ladies, i can always count on you all for really good advice. Im going to give the cheapies ago for the first month as its only my 2nd cycle ofter mmc and my body might not of settled down yet (dont want to waste money) then if they are no good, ill get some cb ones on cycle 3 (but fx i wont need them :) )

Im going to take louises advice and not let take over though :)

:dust::dust::dust: x x

That's defo great advice from Lou, I got all obsessive & just unnecessary stress
xxxx

Thanks for all the advice ladies, now ive decided to use them, when do i start? x x

Hi M2A! I started using OPK last cycle and I started on day 11 in my cycle. My ov-test was positive on day 12 and than the lines faded. Will continue with this my next cycle as well, if I don't get my BFP this weekend;)

Hi M2A! I started using OPK last cycle and I started on day 11 in my cycle. My ov-test was positive on day 12 and than the lines faded. Will continue with this my next cycle as well, if I don't get my BFP this weekend;)

Thanks hunny, i started them early as im not sure what my body is upto after mc so im on cd9 today and im waiting patiently for my surge :)
Goodluck for this weekend, my fingers and toes are crossed for you x x

Hi M2A,

Deffo give them a go; a few words of advice though: have patience! They do drive you a bit mental deciphering the lines etc I took Maybe's advice and used the cheapies until I was 99% sure I had a positive, then I used a CBD to give me the smiley face confirmation :) They have good deals on Amazon like Louise said.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back