Trying to Conceive after Miscarrige

Debs1010

Reaction score
Just looking for advice on how long to wait after having miscarriage before trying again? We want to start trying again as soon as possible - are there any risks involved with this?

We got pregnant pretty quickly when we started to try - is this likely to take longer after a miscarriage?

Thanks

Dx

I was advised to wait until my proper af turns up after the m/c so your body gets back to normal and has a proper cycle. However, there's nothing medical to say you can't start trying straight away after your m/c. There's no hard and fast rule on the best time, the most important thing is that you feel ready to start again hun. Also, you're supposed to be more fertile after a m/c and a lot of women find they fall pregnant quite quickly afterwards....which is what i'm hoping for!

Good luck ttc :hug:

hey debs, i'm sorry for your loss :hug:

i had an early miscarriage in november, i never went back on the pill after it and in december i thought we were TTC for awhile, until i had a proper chat with DF and we decided to wait until summer. we were actually tryna avoid getting pregnant (the natural way i still wasnt on pill) but i got pregnant again last month :cheer: so it may be true that miscarriages boost fertility, i only had one period in between the last 2 pregnancies. xx

I was told by my doctor that it was probably best to leave it 3 months and was told by my kinesiologist to wait at least 6 months, mainly because the body has so many extra hormones in the system after a pregnancy that it takes a while to sort itself out and a new pregnancy/baby can be weaker because of what the previous pregnancy took out of the woman's body. I obviously ignored his advice b/c I wanted to be pregnant again so badly, but my body has made that decision for me by going absolutely haywire. To be honest, I'm glad that I didn't get pregnant again right away b/c I hadn't really dealt with the m/c fully in my head until probably last month. :hug:

I m/c at 16w on 3 Oct, after two failed D&Cs at 12 and 14w. We'd been TTC for over a year.

I ended up seeing quite a few gynaes in both the NHS hospital and the private one, and then after the natural m/c. All told me that we should try whenever we felt ready and that if your body's not ready, you just won't get pregnant.

We decided to try straightaway, and I got my next BFP on 29 Oct. Nobody expected it - my GP was in shock, but very pleased for us. I was worried and he brushed all my worries aside. I'm now 17w pregnant.

Do whatever's right for you!

Thanks for the advice, i think if anything my miscarriage has made me realise that starting a family is definately what i want , just hope it happens soon :)

Hey sorry for your loss. :hug: :hug:

I had a misscarraige in April, had D & C and then waited for forst AF to see if i felt it was a normal AF for me, I felt it was so TTC straight away ! and that was it ! pregnant straight away.

alot of the midwifes and doctors have said to me that you are more fertile straight after a pregnancy/miscarraige.

Just see how you feel ! and take it as it comes.

Take care
:hug: :hug:

I had a M.C, i waited and had 1 period and then started trying again was very blessed as i fell pregnant straight away. My MC was a full MC and i did not have, to have D&C or any other intervention. GOOD LUCK :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back