TTC #2 Fertility Investigations

mcparn

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

First time in this subsection. I'd really appreciate some advice.

We have a 3 year old daughter and have been trying to conceive number 2 for some time now.

I'm just wondering what our eligibility will be for investigations given that we already have a child. I understand that IVF is out of the question for us.

I've had 21 day bloods done twice with ovulation not detected. I've also been taking my temp for the last three months again with ovulation not detected so what I'm hoping for is to get clomid but I'm wondering if ill be eligible for this on nhs.

Thanks in advance xx

I know there is a lady Clover who has had clomid after already having 2 children so it is a possibility. Only way of really knowing is seeing your doctor for a referral. Hope you get some answers xx

I also have a child already so they won't do fertility treatments for us. They did do all the investigations though, apart from laparoscopy, we had that done through gynae department. They did all bloods, SA, antral follicle scan and HSG.
I would speak to your GP for a referral as they may give clomid, its a very inexpensive treatment for them xx

I'm sorry, I don't know, as I don't have any children. But we've had all our investigations and treatments privately. A consultant appointment costs about £75, they will prob want to do a scan just to check all is ok, which is about £100 and then clomid on a private perscription is only about £5 for 3 months worth! xx

I had trouble conceiving my second and got a bloods, a scan and diagnostic laparoscopy, although I was experiencing severe period pains so they thought I might have endometriosis. I was told that everyone is entitled to investigations once trying more than 12 months but that I would be eligible for any treatment . We were about to start private IVF and then found out I was pregnant just before! Best of luck xx

Also, if egg donating is something you would be willing to consider you can have IF privately for free. Although, I don't think this is guaranteed up front, as it would depend on how many eggs they were able to harvest, to ensure you had enough for you etc, but may be worth baring in mind for further down the road. Although I very much hope that won't be necessary xx

Dont know - interested in answer tho - similar boat to u.

Good luck x

Hi,

I don't know either but going through the same experience hun.
Had blood results last week which were apparently all fine. I'm have been referred by my GP to the fertility clinic at the hospital and I have a fertility appointment booked in a couple of weeks.

I'm today currently having another chemical pregnancy, my 3rd in 10 months so I'm waiting for a doctor to ring me as I am now confused as to whether I need to raise this as a separate issue with my GP or wait until my fertility appointment.

My doctors have been as supportive as I think they can be so I'm waiting to see what the hospital says, i hope the support and help continues.

I am so at a loss to understand my situation as I fell straight away with my son who is now 2 and 1/2.

I will keep you updated on the progress with the hospital.

Good Luck x

Have they not referred you to the fertility clinic yet at your local hospital if they have one, especially as it's shown your not ovulating?

x

Hiya, no direct experience as we are ttc our first but reading the information pack from our fertility clinic you would be entitled to investigations but not treatment if you have a living child. You can go on to pay for treatment at the same clinic if they found an issue that they could help with.

Gosh Unicorn your private consultant appointment was very cheap, it is £300 for the initial appointment here.

some ladies who arent eligible for IVF treatment, decide to travell abroad, particularly to Czech or Poland, where clinics offer cheaper treatment (e.g. Polish clinics offer ivf from 1600 Euro) and high success rate. If you want to know more check out the international boards over eg at fertilityfriends co uk or babycentre co uk Good luck

Hi there,

So this is my first post ever! I have a 4 year old and have gone through bloods, an ultrasound and had been offered clomid all on the NHS. However, the next step to a fertility clinic had to under the private sector. The GP can monitor the use of clomid, however, if there are any other complications when either partner had fertility testing then usually the advice is to go to a fertility centre. Also worth checking if you have a GP in your practice with a special interest in fertility, well worth consulting with them if you do.

U maybe seen my post- ive had a nightmare GP appt - they wont do anything for me - as I have 1 child already amd I'm 40 in March!

Gutted!

Hope u all have more luck xx

Edit: old thread, comment deleted

Last edited:
Hi guys!
I worked with Ukrainian agency Babyboom clinic. I was referred by the friend of mine.
Thanks to them, I am 4 months pregnant.
Good luck to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back