ttc and breastfeeding

fothers

Reaction score
:wave:

Back showing my face in here again!

We haven't actually used any contraception since LO was born as we wanted a quite small age gap and I am BF anyway but we have decided that would like to actually start ttc now.

BUT- I still haven't had AF yet and M is nearly one and doesn't feed a huge amount from me anymore.

I have started taking vitex a couple of weeks ago but no joy yet.

Anyone in the same boat or have any tips? :?

hmm i dunno- BFing does decrease your fertility, in fact i researched this and if following a few very simple rules can keep u 99% infertile for the first 6 months. i used this form of contraception for 5 months. after 6 months its no longer reliable (thats why i went on minipill after 5 months) but i think to some extent ANY bf'ing whatsoever would make u less fertile than if u were doing it at all.

i stopped BFing after 8 months but still didnt get a period until about 6 months after that (so over a year after the birth!)

i think beanie, redshoes and valentine were still BFing when they conceived their second babies u could ask them?

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hey Fothers, so good to see you in here. This was my first month ttc for number 2. Not breast feeding anymore so having a cycle. But did accidently get pregnant before I had my first AF after winding down breast feeding. Sadly we lost that baby but it is obviously possible to catch the first time you ov, so if you are ttc then you may be lucky and fall soon. Your LO can't be taking that much milk now so you must be due to come on again soon.

Great to see you hon. Why don't you start temping to see when you start to ov?

Becs x x x

Hi Becs :D hope you get good news soon- I can start stalking you again :cheer:

I haven't been temping yet but have been watching CM and things all along. I might buy some opks and use them too for the time being.

Just hoping that cycles start again soon.

What brand of OPKs are good on ebay atm? Will need to buy a huge amount in case nothing happens for months :doh:

Hello!

Not sure about opks as not using them this time round. Just going by cm then thermal shift to confirm ov. I am trying for a girl so by the time the opk gets a positive I am not supposed to be bd'ing anymore.

Still crap at timing so should be a laugh.

B

P.S I knew I had ov'd before my first AF came as I was randomly taking my tmps - not even first thing every day and I noticed a thermal shift.Might be worth doing a relaxed version of temping so you spot your first ov. I saw mine and tested ten days later and low and behold I was pregnant. Docs were totally thrown with how I knew to do a test when I hadn't had a cycle in about a year. Still can't believe most docs don't acknowledge temping!!! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back