tummy after c-section? i have a shelf!

andreaaa

Reaction score
My tummy doesn't look right, I've got a shelf just above my scar, is this normal? And will it ever look normal again, apart from the scar obviously... (which looks like a smiley face)

It's really hard too, in quite a large area above and below the scar, will that ever go soft?

Sorry for the silly questions
:oops: but no one explained anything to me at the hospital and I'm confuzzled as to what is normal after a c-section.

Also, apart from driving, are there any other do's and don'ts?

Thanks

Andreaaaaaaaa xx

:wave:

I had the same thing after my c section 8 weeks ago. My shelf is still there but deffo not as big. Its also much less hard as well. Im guessing im gonna need to do loads of tummy crunches to get it back to normal or potentially it may never be the same cos if you think about it they have to cut through the muscle so i guess that may damage the shape??
I have been doing tummy crunches this week though and it has definitely improved...

Well....dont want to discuradge you, but my shelf is till there....It isnt as big and ugly, but unless I loose a lot of weight it still be there.

Hopefully with the time, tummy will become furmer :hug:

About donts-just dont overdo it! even if the skin mended, it doesnt mean that everything inside is as it used to be. So no heavy lifting (nothing heavier that your baby). Just be gentle on yourself :hug:

Thanks girls :hug:

Hopefully one day we'll all have gotten rid of our shelves :rotfl:

I've been picking up my 4 year old since having baby, hadn't even thought I shouldn't but will be more careful now :hug:

Its called a muffin top lol. Ive got one too so dont worry :hug:

I bet Victoria Beckham hasn't got a shelf :roll:

I think we should all get a tummy tuck thrown in while they're down there anyway :shakehead:

andreaaa said:
I think we should all get a tummy tuck thrown in while they're down there anyway :shakehead:

I agree Andrea! It's not fair that celebrities get a bit of help!

I don't have a shelf anymore, but my tummy is still numb and tender....so much in fact that I'm at the docs at 9:30 this morning to get it all checked out!

Tummy crunches do help (after your 6 week rest). I used a slendertone belt and it really helped!

xxx

ok 2.5 years on and i still have it too :rotfl: im just saving for a tummy tuck ready for when i finished having babies :D

sits up and things do help, they dont cut through your muscles, they push them to either side and pull baby out through gap. who knows why they cant pull the skin a bit tighter before they stitch us back up :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back