unwanted termination tomorrow due to blighted ovum :(

roxane 1985

Reaction score
so here i am again, second loss in 6 months, except this time there wasnt even a baby just an empty sac, hospital hoped i would m/c on my own but i havent so tomorrow im due one final scan and if still empty they will terminate the pregnancy :(

so confused on how to feel, part of me is thinking im gutted im not going to be a mom again

on other hand you only get a blighted ovum or an other type of m/cdue to severe problems with the baby, so in a way its kind of good its happened as all babies deserve to be healthy.

still if i had it my way there would have been a baby and one with a healthy heart beat going full term.

so this was my other post earlier
ok this was my first post:

went hospital 2 weeks ago with bleeding thought i was 7wks 3 days, sac measured somewhere between 6 weeks to 6wks 3 and was completely empty, no baby (not even one without a heartbeat) and no yolk sac

told to come back 2 weeks later as a dark patch showed on scan either:

blood clot and the empty sac

2 empty sacs

2 sacs and 1 of them empty

all my spotting and cramping has stopped, really bad mornign sickness still.

when i go tomorrow i should technicall be 8 wks whether anything there or not. would apregnancy test come up negative yet or not for a few more weeks?

hasa anyone had this?

and now ive had this

ok just done a test and not sure what to think, i first did a test a couple of days after period was due and it took 5 mins before the positive line showed up, i took one a couple of days later and again it took 5 mins to show up, just done my third (around 25 days after last one) and i had barely put the cap on and the ummm bodily fluid had barely started to climb up that window and it was showing 2 lines. i really dont know what to think, i thought maybe it would have been negative now? or even been a fainter line but its as dark as control line

also made sure i used exactly same brand test

Last edited:
Aww babe, so sorry you are going through this, fingers crossed on your final scan tomorrow x

because even though there is no baby just a sac it will cause my hormone levels to still rise, so lucky me i still get to experience morning sickness, oh the joys of being a woman

hi all ive updated the first post withsome more infor, can anyone help

hey hon when I went through this I took a test a couple of days before my scan at 10 weeks a dark line showed up right away. Then had the scan which revealed empty sac but was still getting pregnancy symptoms. I have to say after that I didn't take anymore tests so not sure how long it took for levels to go down, but bleeding started 2 days after scan. Sorry I can't be much help x x

no infact that was a great help to hear from someone who had been through it, at least i can be certain its an empty sac tomorrow n not be gutted, thank you xx

you're welcome hon hope it all goes okay for you tomorrow :hugs:x x

So sorry to hear you're going through this :hug:

I went through similar in January and they monitored the HCG level over 6 days and because of a suspected ectopic I had to have a D&C.

Please look after yourself sweetheart xx

great news everyone, they found a baby and it hada strong heartbeat too, little one measured at 8 weeks

Such a great news! This tells me blighted ovums are misdiagnosed quite a lot, overjoyed for you!

i cried happy tears for you when i saw that actually it was wrong diagnosis and things would be ok.... big hugs and wishes for rest of preg to be smoothe xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back