US Scan after using Clomid - please help !

Loobie9

Reaction score
Sorry bit of a long one.......

Yesterday i had a us scan after having taken clomid fron CD 2 - 6. I was told on my rightside it showed slight polycystic folicles, I have never been diagnosed with this as it's never been strong enough and i don't show classic signs of it. But she said it was ever so slightly there.
Then she said on my left i have a follicle measuring 17.88. She said that to ovulate the folicle would have to be about 18. something and it would appear that this folicle is almost ready to ovulate. So she advised that we use OPK's and see what happens in the next 2 weeks.
HOWEVER It's not normal (but possible) for ovulation to take place using clomid this soon, so it could also mean that it's a follicle left over from another cycle.

HAS ANYONE HEARD THIS BEFORE OR EVEN MAKE SENSE OF IT FOR ME ?.

I've come away feeling like i know nothing as to what is going on with me...

Many thanks in advance

Sounds like good news to me. Better get baby dancing and see what happens. What cycle day did you have scan on?

Hi Hazel,

It was yesterday - CD 8.

I normally have a 41 day cycle and ovulate late around day 23/27. So this is mega early for me. But i guess the clomid could be forcing me to ovulate early, and have a period earlier than normal...

As for the BD, yes we are going for it as much as poss now...

loobie - if its not a follicle about to ovulate (which by the sounds of it it could well be) then its most likely a follicular cyst

"Follicular cyst of the ovary: A fluid-filled sac in the ovary, the most common type of ovarian cyst. It results from the growth of a follicle. A follicle is the fluid-filled cyst that contains an egg. In some cycles, this follicle grows larger that normal and does not rupture to release the egg. Normally it resolves with simple observation over the course of days to months. "

Nothing to worry about, so if i were you I'd get BDing and see what happens with OPKs/BBT over the next week or so.

goodluck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back