very depressed

loversfn

Reaction score
i am having my 18 weeks ultrasound today in few hours and im pretty nervous. I am praying for a boy but according to the nub theory everyone guessed a girl. I know the most important thing is a healthy baby but me and my husband are really praying for a boy :((((((((((( very depressed. wanted to share with you. it feels better

did nt want to read and run hun the nub theory is best guessed at 13 weeks and as most scans are done at 12 weeks its a less% of being correct also if your baby is a girl and it bothers you it being a girl i suggest looking on ingender there is a section on there for gender disappointment and from what i read they seem a pretty supportive bunch and will know how you feel hth xx

thank you so much. It just feels better to express my feelings. I's hard to express them to friends in such an openness. three more hours to go

Sorry but I find gender disappointment really hard to understand. So many people can't have kids or people have kids with disabilities. Isn't it more important that your child is healthy?

Nub theory is a load of guesswork, don't worry about that! Hope you get what you want. Update when you know.

gender disappointment is something quite a few people do get but are afraid to admit it of course they love the baby no matter what once born but can find it difficult to come to terms with doesnt mean they dont want their baby or wish they didnt have it but its just something that they cant control i dont think society helps when if you have already got 1 of a certain gender oooo bet you hope its a girl/boy and then you get the ones that if you have x amount of girls and give birth to another girl they are like ooo bet your disappointed and then look sorry for you ive never had gender disappointment and dont understand the full ins and out especially with me having a disabled child but i know its not something that is easily overcome i guess im really open minded to anything can happen and can easily put myself in someone elses shoes xxx

Thank you all for your support trust me I am very grateful for my baby girl she is wonderful and even this pregnancy it is not like I hate her if confirmed a girl in less than one hour but it is just that I want a small family and I wished it will be mixed. That's it. Im really sorry if I seem selfish, I swear Im not but I cant help it :(((

i can understand you being disapointed if you already have a girl, i think we would all want one or more of each! Im sure once you find out though your feelings will change - even if its a girl? x

Thank you all for your support trust me I am very grateful for my baby girl she is wonderful and even this pregnancy it is not like I hate her if confirmed a girl in less than one hour but it is just that I want a small family and I wished it will be mixed. That's it. Im really sorry if I seem selfish, I swear Im not but I cant help it :(((

i dont think anythink less of you hun some even suffer when they have just 1 sex and dont want the other hope it all goes your way hun and do let us know xx:hugs:

My OH said it was better if we did not find out as he knows what I really want. He says when I give birth and the baby is put in my arms i wont care what it is and I think he is right x

I want a girl and I want to have the scan to find out either way because if it is a boy, I will have the extra time before he comes along to get all excited for a boy, which of course I would be. Obviously whatever I have I will love with all my heart, but I hate the thought of when it pops out, being initally disappointed if I'd spent my whole pregnancy hoping for the other.

Sorry hun,
Didn't mean to upset you and I don't think your selfish. I just find it difficult to understand. But thats my problem not yours :):roll:

*hugs*

Either way if its not what you initially hope for I'm sure you'll come round to the idea :)

x

I really hope for a girl this time but like u said, a healthy one is my main concern. I think it's because you used the word depressed over the gender it sounded quite harsh but to be disappointed is something that I think most women would feel if the sex wasn't their preference and EVERYONE is entitled to a preference.

I have my scan tomorrow and hope it's a girl but will be chuffed just to know it's healthy!

I reckon it would be good if you waited just in case. You wouldn't want it to spoil your pregnancy and like you say, when it's born, you won't care what it is!

Good luck Hun x

Last edited:
I just recently found out that my Dad was slightly disappointed when I popped out. I'm girl #3 in our family, and they had me at a time when you couldn't find out ahead of time what sex your baby was. While that sounds bad, I laughed about it when I found out as I'm sure my dad wouldn't trade me now for a million boys ;) He always tells people that "it took three to get it right". :lol:

well how did the scan go??

tipper i was the 3rd girl too and my parents gave me the middle name of lee pmsl i think they wanted a boy i should of been a boy though i didnt do nothing girly i played with cars all my friends were boy i did thai boxing and army cadets and i loved climbing trees lol my parents did get the boy after me though

I think Lex has hit the nail on the head....depressed is a very strong word and is used without knowledge of what it actually is/means - it's a Mental Health issue not a feeling down because I did not get what I want issue.

There are alot of people on this forum who would be over the moon JUST to be pregnant and I think threads like this are more suited to other sites such as the one Midnight has pointed out.

Don't get me wrong I would love a girl as I already have a boy....but what will be will be and all I hope is that baby is healthy.

I am not finding out but if I am honest I would really love a little girl....however most people have predicted me a boy. My way round it is I am telling myself I am having a boy so I am prepared and used to the idea of having a little man - then if a girlie pops out on the day it will just be a wonderful suprise - can't lose then! x

I'm with Miss on this one.. I found a few of them posts rather difficult to read and even harder to understand. I think people have forgottten what an amazing gift it is to be able to have children in the first place, let's not get too complacent here and don't forget the couples/women who have been trying for children for months/years... It all sounds so ungrateful to me!

As long as my baby is fit and healthy, me, my partner and my whole family will be over the moon what ever sex the child is. I don't think it's being selfish to expect other people to think along the same lines either..

I'm with Miss on this one.. I found a few of them posts rather difficult to read and even harder to understand. I think people have forgottten what an amazing gift it is to be able to have children in the first place, let's not get too complacent here and don't forget the couples/women who have been trying for children for months/years... It all sounds so ungrateful to me!

As long as my baby is fit and healthy, me, my partner and my whole family will be over the moon what ever sex the child is. I don't think it's being selfish to expect other people to think along the same lines either..

its the same as anything unless you have been there you dont know i could say pmt if a load of crap just because i dont suffer with it and never have or women risking their body by having botox or breast implants just because they dont like what nature has given them she is not saying she wont love her child and wish she never had it she just has a gender prefrence which alot of women do have but alot are afraid to voice it

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/pregnancy/gender-disappointment here is a link that explains a bit more about it

Last edited:
it is confirmed a baby girl and she is perfectly healthy...thank you God

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back