Vivid pregnancy/baby related dreams?

Durhamchance

Reaction score
OMG, I had my first last night! I've had some pretty vivid dreams recently but this was something else!

My baby arrived at 30 weeks :shock: so was very premature, but that wasn't the main problem- it was me- I wasn't ready! I had nothing prepared, the baby was sleeping on our bed as we had no moses basket or cot and I was panicking about it falling off or being smothered by the pillows or quilt. Then I had nothing to feed it with and my milk hadn't come through because it was so early. Luckily my hormones kicked in and I was able to breast feed- it was so real- I have this image in my head now of baby latching onto my left breast and milk going everywhere. Then a bit later I had to chase a kangaroo out of babies room :?

The dream really seemed to signify to me that I need to be prepared well in advance! Which I will be as I've already been buying things :blush:
Since waking I've realised that the only thing missing from the dream is that I didn't find out the babies sex!! :wall2:

Anyone else had such a vivid one?

Lol at the kangaroo :D

Yeah since week 5 my dreams have been VERY vivid.

I am having really vivid dream an remember them with my other pregnancies too! The other night I dreamt I was in a line waiting for someone to give me our baby, all the women were going up to these old fashioned midwives and a stork and being handed a bundle that was either pink or blue but when it was my turn they handed me a green bundle and when I looked it was a frog!?!? I tried complaining and then this massive frog hopped up and took my baby frog away. Very odd.

In my last pregnancy I had a recurring dream tht I gave birth to what I can only describe as a deflated blow up doll and the midwife had to call for a dr to come and inflate him with a bicycle pump. Some dreams can be quite disturbing and can stay with you all day, but I've learnt they don't mean anything lmao.

Not long before I found out I was pregnant I had a dream that R my fiancé found a tiny fluffy rabbit in a big patch of overgrown grass in one of our old front gardens. I wanted to keep it, but he said the kindest thing was to set him free.
I looked up what rabbits mean in your dreams (because I'm sad like that!) and it meant you're about to make a big commitment and/or welcome children, amongst other things. We're getting married in August and soon after I found out we were also pregnant sooner than expected!! Very weird x

I've been having really vivid dreams for the last couple of weeks(and remember them with Ella too) but not really baby related xx

Atleast it's just baby related, in my dreams all I'm doing is having sex...with everyone??!!! I remember this with the other pregnancies as well, dream me is such a hoe -_-
I do remember with the other babies dreaming about the baby/child and the sex would always be unclear I could never see exactly what gender the baby was. I remember with my son having a dream and the midwife said it's a girl, and she got her dressed and I was so excited and then oh came in and said it's a boy what are u on about??
Xx

Ooh some of mine have been about sex too! Glad it's not just me x

dreams have been very bizaare and mixed for past couple weeks - the one i remeber clearest is where i got another scan by consultant (which may be happening in a few weeks) and he told us what flavour minion was and it was the opposite to what we were told at 20 weeks eek scared us into only going neutral now xx

Thank God it's not just me who's been a dream tramp then! ha ha. I didn't even think until I read this thread it could have been because of pregnancy but I've decided now it must be!

I always have had vivid dreams and been able to remeber them so clearly, and I haven't noticed a big difference since being pg.

I have had lots of sexy dreams though!!

I had a dream the other night that I had the baby, but he was sooooo tiny he fit into the palm of my hand easily. They weren't worried about him being so small though but they were worried about his breathing and that he was a funny colour and sent us off for a scan!!! I put the baby down my top between my boobs to keep him warm!

Another really weird one I had quite early on was that I thought I was loosing baby, so went for a scan. It was in someone's back garden and being done by the local vet! I had to kneel down with my arse sticking out of the gate and he was going to scan me internally with this enormous great big glowy globe thing on a stick!!! Seriously weird!!

XX

I always have had vivid dreams and been able to remeber them so clearly, and I haven't noticed a big difference since being pg.

I have had lots of sexy dreams though!!

I had a dream the other night that I had the baby, but he was sooooo tiny he fit into the palm of my hand easily. They weren't worried about him being so small though but they were worried about his breathing and that he was a funny colour and sent us off for a scan!!! I put the baby down my top between my boobs to keep him warm!

Another really weird one I had quite early on was that I thought I was loosing baby, so went for a scan. It was in someone's back garden and being done by the local vet! I had to kneel down with my arse sticking out of the gate and he was going to scan me internally with this enormous great big glowy globe thing on a stick!!! Seriously weird!!

XX

I'm sorry the second one has me crying laughing, wonder if it was a subconscious fear about giving birth? Big objects and all that lmao...

I had a dream the other night that I was breast feeding a baby that wasn't mine. It was very odd :-s

Lol at the frog, the kangaroo and the glowy globe thing on a stick!! Haha
I keep having wierd dreams....some are nice happy dreams all very clear apart from can never see the baby's face or sex....others are horrible and someone has stole my baby in a supermarket. I think that stems from a man who tried to take me in Tesco when I was 6 thankfully a passer by stopped the man and asked if I was ok as I was putting up such a fight to which raised alarm to others and I made it safely back to Mum. I think it just puts worries in my head and the scariest dreams I've ever had, far worse than any nightmare when it's about your child :(

I am having really vivid dream an remember them with my other pregnancies too! The other night I dreamt I was in a line waiting for someone to give me our baby, all the women were going up to these old fashioned midwives and a stork and being handed a bundle that was either pink or blue but when it was my turn they handed me a green bundle and when I looked it was a frog!?!? I tried complaining and then this massive frog hopped up and took my baby frog away. Very odd.

In my last pregnancy I had a recurring dream tht I gave birth to what I can only describe as a deflated blow up doll and the midwife had to call for a dr to come and inflate him with a bicycle pump. Some dreams can be quite disturbing and can stay with you all day, but I've learnt they don't mean anything lmao.

LMFAO :shock: that is one of the funniest dreams I've read about (the deflated doll) its weird cause before my nephew was born I kept dreaming that every time I went in to see him it was a doll and I was really getting angrier each time I had this dream and didn't meet him but instead a doll, I would be shouting at leonie "where is he? Why won't you show me him" it was a really odd dream!

I have vivid dreams but david seems to have more than me he has dreamt 3 nights in a row we are having a boy, he's set and he's not into like dream reading or anything like that - u know wht guys r like lol xxx

Oh this is always an odd stage of pregnancy, I remember getting these realy early on,, really good symptom of pregnancy, do you wake up really early with these too? I used to wake at 4/5am

They do go in second trimester, well mine did

I'm having very vivid dreams too, even with broken sleep I can go back to sleep and wake up within 10 minutes and i've had another very vivid dream. Had the naughty dreams too, lol glad it's not just me.

Does anyone get nightmares though? I've had some horrible dreams like I was in the Hunger Games but it was just for pregnant people and I had to protect my baby, horrible! A lot of my dreams are about protection and looking after my cats or baby.

Had a horrid one last night.
Was so real - my belly hurt with real bad cramps and I started bleeding heavier than my period (my periods are very heavy and painful) and all I was doing was been doubled over holding my belly screaming my baby, my baby.

Woke up and rushed to the loo to check. I always have bleeding dreams a day before my period starts so I'm panicking a wee bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back