Vomiting Baby- what to do?

flowergirl

Reaction score
Morning!

Kathryn's been off colour for a few days- she's been very mucusy (sp?) and had a few disturbed nights earlier in the week as a result. Yesterday she seemed fine and slept well but has woken this am and after a short boobie feed did 3 massive sicks- one straight away and two others within the following hour. She's really listless and fell asleep on me twice before I put her down for a nap (only 1 hour after she got up). She was crying off and on the whole time she was awake.

Any advice? Should I try to feed her as normal or lay off the milk for today? Should I give Calpol if she's the same when she wakes up? Sorry- I just have no idea and am going off instinct at the moment xxx

Id be tempted to take her to the Dr's hun! Just to check her over.

If shes vomiting, you need to get fluids in her, be that bobbie milk or water. Does she have a temp? If she does id give her a dose of calopl (mabey not even a full dose, if you dont use it offten, I only ever give DS about 3ml).

Poor thing, she might be comming down with a cold! :(

If you are worried then take her to see your GP and get her checked over. Is she getting dehydrated from the vomiting? If so water or your foremilk to hydrate her. I'd not worry overly about her having regular full feeds tbh, so long as she is hydrated atm. If it goes on too long then be sure to get a GP to see her.

Also I'd only give Calpol is she has an actual raised temp. If its normal(ish) then I'd be inclined to not give it as it can then cover up the symptoms for your GP to check her over. I'd let him see her as she is unless she has an actual high temp increase then of course give Calpol. If she is just needing cuddles and sleep then I'd be inclined to let her have both.

Keep a close eye and any concerns she is getting worse then go see someone asap :)

Hope she perks up soon :hug:

Thanks for the replies :hug:

She's got a slight temp- it was in the low fever box on the forehead strip.

She's had almost 2 hours sleep so far this am and I'm not going to wake her- whatever it is I hope she's busy sleeping it off!

She didn't seem dehydrated this am- her fontanelle was normal.

I'll call doctor for advice if she seems no better this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back