Weaning Early

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
well after much discussion with OH we have desided to wean Theo early. he is always hungry, he gets sooooo cranky before his bottle is due and then he guzzles it down and still looks for more... (hes having 240ml bottle).. there isnt physicially enough room left in the bottle for him to have more!

we started on Thursday, he had some baby rice only 1 tsb and so far he is taking it really well. he even looks as though hes eating it of the spoon properly! he gets really happy and starts kicking his legs when he see's the pot and spoon.

some people may disagree with early weaning but i know a few girls on here did wean their babyes early and had not regrets, its only day 3 and theo has got cried and got grumpy before his bottle, he has stopped chomping on his hand so much and had slept for the full time at all his naps!

i feel as though we are doing the right thing... so we'll see how it goes. i have ordered a hand blender & ice cube trays from amazon, she i can start making puree fruits and veggies ect. i brough the gina Ford book of baby weaning so im gonna follow the plan in that.. it seems to make sence, and as i have never weaned a baby before, its very helpful

If you feel it's right then good for you!!!
I started Angel at 18 weeks. Best thing i've ever done.

I scrapped the rice after a few days and went onto sweet potato and carrot. Just these for around 3 weeks when i introduced other veg.
I also gave her yogurts about a week in as a dessert. Some people disagree with this before 6 months but my HV told me to go ahead so i did. You can get some that say they are for weaning at 4-6 months on them.

sounds great hun
dont worry about weaning early if he needs it :hug: :hug:
Thomas was weaned early and he has suffered no ill effects infact i think weaning him early might of helped him get over his allergy a bit quicker
have fun with it
xx

u have to do whatever is best for ur baby hun, i weaned my 1st child at 13 weeks wit full support from the HV

hope it goes well :hug:

Awww Thankz Girlies. if any of you have any tips and advice, they are always more then welcome. i brought Theo some of the Cow & Gate Fruity Cereal mix and he loves it, i am trying to only give him a very small amount like 1-2spoons but he just seems to want more, he gets so excited, laughs and smiles. he still poo'ing regular as clock work, so im taking that as a good sign also. awww its very exciting trying new things!
:hug:

i echo what all the other ladies have said :D

I had to wean James at 12 weeks for the same reason as you and I have never looked back :cheer:

He became a different baby.

All babies are different and you know your baby best :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back