Wees has had baby girl!

Weez

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know that I have had my baby. Baby Isla was born on 7 Feb at 9.33am weighing 7lb 6oz. She is just the best little baby in the whole world. For all those first time mums its difficult to explain how you can love such a little one so much so quickly, she is just the best!!!

I started getting some mild contractions that were like period cramps early in the morning of the 6th and had to get up. They continued throughout the day but I still went shopping and kept myself busy. About 6.30pm I went for a bath, which eased the contractions, but when I got out they came thick and fast. After having dinner (I love my food), I phoned the hospital to let them know that I thought I was in labour and as I only live around the corner, they advised me to come in to get checked out. They gave me an internal, said I was 2-3 cm dilated and should stay in. We left the hospital to go to tescos for some sandwiches etc. for energy since it was then 9.30pm and went back home to pick up some more things. We got back to hospital at around 10.30pm, I used the tens machine for a while then went for another bath. Got out the bath and could hardly move with the contractions so I asked the midwife for some pain relief. At this point i wasn't in the labour suite, just in a maternity ward. I got another internal and was told that I was now 8cm dilated - I had gone from 2/3-8 in four hours - and my waters were bulging. I was transferred to the labour suite, was given gas and air, followed by diamorphine and then I decided I wanted an epidural, not because things were too sore but because I was told that if I wanted one I had to have one then, if not it would be too late. I got the epidural and things were fantastic after that!! I can't recommend an epidural enough, from then on I didn't feel a thing. I could hear people shouting from other rooms and couldn't understand why. I was told when I had a contraction, when to push etc. and after an hour of pusing (which sounds a long time but flew past as it was pain free and was just like pushing when you are constipated) baby Isla came out. They were about to cut me down below and use foreceps but the suggestion of it made me push extra hard and then it wasn't needed.

I ended up with two disolving stiches down below, which are fine. I had intended breast feeding but despite trying and trying she wouldn't latch on so I have started bottle feeding instead which suits me fine.

All in all a postive birth experience which I would do again - it was so worthwhile and I once again I can't recommend epidurals enough!!!

Luisa :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Congratulations! sounds like you had a really positive labour xxx :hug: :cheer:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! and what a lovely name.x cant wait to see the pics.

congratualtions hun she was the same weight as jayde when she was born :D

Congratulations - sounds like a really positive experience :hug:

Congrats! :cheer: :cheer: Love the name, sounds like it was a positive experience :D

Congratulaions on your baby girl. Isla is a beautiful name :hug:

:cheer: :cheer: Congratulations and what a brilliant birth story :D I hope I have an experiance like yours :pray:

Congratulations! Your labour story sounds lovely - your positive attitude must have helped on the day as you didn't seem to get stressed at all! Well done and I hope you enjoy being a new mum.

YAY congratulations and what a very lovely name :rotfl: Told you it was a nice name to pick!

Cant wait to see pics and sounds like you had a good birth! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back