What can i give a 9 month old?

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
For a chesty cough and cold?

James is sick :(

He has a really snotty nose and a chesty cough and got really bunged up last night in bed so didnt sleep at all :(

Can I give him any Vicks vapour rub or anything like that to ease the congestion? ANd is there anythign he can have for his cough?

Most of the stuff iv seen in from 3 months.

Although, I think if its a tickly cough, theres something from 3 months you can give. If its a dry cough, all the stuff I have seen is from one year!! Best to ask pharmasist I guess.

I use Snuffle babe, its like vicks - I see no reason you cudnt use vicks, mabey just mix it with vaseline so its not so strong, or use a tiny amount. I really dont know if it makes that much difference, just seems to me that this snuffle babe is not very strong, but I never use vicks, so im a bit rubbish. Sorry lol

Boots do a glycerin linctus...apple flavour :puke: Its what were giving lil miss because they won't give you anything here unless its with a doctors receipt. :roll:

I'm sure you can use normal vicks on babies from 6 months.

Im pretty sure vicks is fine. i use karvol drops on the pillow, i find cough medicine is crap in my opinion and lots of water can sort the cough out.

Prop him up in his cot with some pillows and that will help him too mate.

I used baby olbas oil on Maia's sleeping bag to help her blocked nose when she had cold.

mrs_tommo22 said:
Prop him up in his cot with some pillows and that will help him too mate.

I just shoved 2 equally sized huge Stephen King books under neath the top legs to elevate the cot :) I knew I was saving them for something!!

Evie started with a little cough last night and today it's turned into a full blown hacking cough and cold... she's been feeling very sorry for herself all day..

I've just given her some calpol and put snuffle babe on her chest...some olbas oil on a muslin near her cot but I reckon I'm in for a long night tonight and OH is away :cry:

Thanks guys. Got him some chest rub stuff from boots and some albas oil and some tixylix. He is full of it tonight - his little eyes are streaming and his cough is really bad :( He is in bed now propped up by pillows, but doubt it will last long!

Pilkers I sympathise, I was up most of last night with James and I doubt tonight will be any better. :( I hope little Evie gets better soon.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

was just about to suggest tixylix and snufflebabe :D

Hope James is better soon

Jen & Her Men said:
Thanks guys. Got him some chest rub stuff from boots and some albas oil and some tixylix. He is full of it tonight - his little eyes are streaming and his cough is really bad :( He is in bed now propped up by pillows, but doubt it will last long!

Pilkers I sympathise, I was up most of last night with James and I doubt tonight will be any better. :( I hope little Evie gets better soon.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

awww thanks Jen. So far so good sleepwise, I'm keeping everything crossed!

I hope James gets better quickly for you hun xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back