What do you do if LO misses a feed

littlemiss83

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Kayden gets 5 bottles a day, one every 2.5 hours. His last bottle normally gets fed between 6 and 7. Hes quite set into routine and sleeps 7-7 every nite. Sometimes he will sleep a bit later in morning or have an extra long nap and only has 4 bottles instead of 5. he still sleeps the same thro nite wen this happens and it doesnt effect him but it makes me feel kinda bad. what would you do...would u keep lo up later to give last bottle or put them to bed at usual time

xxxxxxxxx

I would still put my LO to bed at her normal time xxx

Id put him to bed at the normal time - if he's hungry he'll wake.

Id assume they are the same as us - some days you are hungrier and eat more, than other days. xxx

I agree with the ladies hun. Angel has 4 x 8oz bottles a day. She has her last one between 6-7pm and is sleeping through till anywhere between 5 and 7am. I didn't like the idea of dreamfeeding and was worried about her going that stretch without a feed but HV assured me its perfectly fine xx

I agree. Of they are hungry we will soon know about it :) cx

Agree with the others, he'd defo let you know if he was hungry!!

If you're really worried though, on the days when he wakes later or naps longer, could you try and up the quantity slightly on the 4 feeds he does have and dropping the 5th??

Kayden is on alot less oz than he used to be, doc's orders due to his reflux & he has to feed little & often, so i'm kinda restricted in that sense. It means if he is even an hour late on one of his feeds that he misses one. He missed one again today coz he wanted a longer nap, he's went down fine to bed, so fingers crossed.

Thanks ladies

xxxxxxx

I reckon he'll be fine on what he's getting then LM. If he starts losing weight or staying the same then maybe have a rethink about his intake, but atm try not to worry xx

He's def lost weight. I'm totally lost Maria, I have no one to turn to for advice on feeding & weaning, I have so many questions, obvs I know the standard procedure from my first LO but everything diff with reflux, I duno how much to feed him, if I can mix his prescription formula with the porridge, oh there's so many quesions, doc cant help coz she doesn't know too much about reflux, HV just says the standard stuff & i'm still waiting for my apt to come thro for kids hosp. Its so frustrating. Soz i'm going off on a rant. Just wish someone could help me, been looking into maybe contacting a charity or something like that!!

Thanks again for your help
xxxxxx

What brand is the formula because if you ring them they should be able to tell you if you can mix with porridge. Hope you get a hospital app soon xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back