What do you think, boy or girl?

grace

Reaction score
Well, im 16 weeks gone now, have terrible sciatica which im waiting for a phisio for and all i ever seem to post on here is me moaning! boring or what....... :sleep:

so, instead of bringing you all down, lol, am gnna ask your opinions on something nice!

i am due for a scan but havent had my letter though yet and i really want to know if im having a boy or a girl although my partner doesnt want to know! he really wants a girl and i would love a little girl too but i dont mind, i just really want to know. waiting so long seems like such a nightmare, i cant believe he can wait to be honest, hes so impatient, so, is there any old wives taes you know or what feelings do you all have?

i am craving sweet things massively which leans me towards girl but then ive always had a sweet tooth! id love a girl but dont really want to go around telling everyone that cos i wouldnt be disappointed if it was a boy.

this is so frustrating!!!!!!!

Hi grace, i was also wanting a girl, and found out last week it was a boy...
there are some ways you can predict what the sex is,
wedding ring on some string.. hang it over ya bump.. if it goes round in circles i think its a girl, and if it swings its a boy! only old wifes tales though, havent actually done it myself.. other than that, i guess you will have to wait for the scan, its not long to go now huni..

were you disappointed when you found out? i hope i dont feel disappointed, id feel like a cowbag if i did. i already feel guilty for being upset about the fact that im gonna be fat all summer! i feel selfish!

yes grace i was so gutted to put it bluntly, i cried when i found out..
I have 2 boys already and really hoped for a girl, well i wouldnt be the only female in the house then lol...
Im coming round to the idea, i have named him so i get used to it now.. case of having to i cant send him back now can i...pmsl...

Hi

Well theres no real way but a scan , but from my own personal experience having one girl and one boy on the way.
I found my duaghters heartbeat sounded like a horse galloping and the boy sounds like a train! i now swear by this. (again for me)
Also this pregnancy i feel and look much lower and with my daughter i was more full on top , i could rest things on the top of my tummy .
Hope you get to find out soon i know how long it seems to take and how impatient you can feel.
Katrina

I'm expecting a boy - my first - exactly what I wanted so over the moon delighted with the outcome. I agree with Katrina actually when I listen to my baby's heartbeat I always think of it as a train-track sound too. Maybe there's something in that for certain as I know girls hearts beat faster than boys by a few beats per minute so it's possible. I don't think you can tell untill you have had your scan. Are you having a private gender scan or the NHS 21 week scan? I found out privately (Baby Bond) at 16 weeks as I couldn't stand the not knowing any longer and have my NHS one this Friday.....praying they say the same thing "boy" too!! :)

Also just a quick thought, your partner doesn't want to know. Do you think you could come around to that way of thinking also? I just mean that by not knowing you can buy neutral and the second you hold your darling newborn baby in your arms you will love him or her and not be in the slightest bit dissapointed in the outcome as he or she will be there and you'll just love him/her instantly. Just an idea.

There's no proof in the old wives tales and you will hear so many variations it's almost worthless listening. I heard the one about a raised heartbeat meaning it's a girl when I had my first - he had a high heart beat and was a boy! Doh :doh:

Like Katrina says there's only the scan (which isn't 100% either). Alternatively if you have CVS or Amnio you can find out then (and that way is supposed to be 100%).

I am having a boy, my second, and I am very happy about that. After a 17 year gap I just wanted a healthy baby. To be honest, I'm a bit put off girls after seeing the hassles my sister has had trying to bring up her 16 and 19 year old girls the last few years! :wall:

:hug:

I've done the ring thing 3 times and its always come up as girl but as I won't be finding out until I deliver I can't really tell you if it works or not sorry! :doh:

To quell a couple of old wifes tales while I'm at it:
I asked the midwife about the heartbeat cos I'd heard train boy and horses girls. She listened to mine and we heard the train but she said that was the cord lying in the way she did a bit of shuffling and tried again and then we heard what def sounded like horses and she said thats the heartbeat clearly and all heartbeats should sound like that. Sorry that's probaly upset loads of you.

I also heard that if the heartbeat is faster than 140 then its a girl but I was recently watching a birthing programme on telly and her babys heartbeat was 150 I was convinced the baby would be a boy but it was a girl!!!!

If you find out will you be able to keep it a secret so your OH doesn't find out?

my midwife told me the same thing a bout the heart beat too - is just an old wifes tale....

I thought I wanted to know too but respected my husband's wishes and didn't and to be honest I am glad I don't know now. I am quite impulsive and organised, so I would have spent an absolute fortune on clothes etc... by now that I will probably never need.

We both had an overwhelming feeling it was a boy when we went for the 20 week scan, cannot really describe why.... although we think we saw some tackle (as the baby was face on).... but it could have been anything!

I know it's terrible, but I keep calling mine he or reffering to it by the boys name we have chosen. I wouldn't be dissapointed if it was a girl, I just feel that it's a boy.
I think it has something to do with wishing I had an older brother when I was little, I have always secretly wanted a boy first. :oops:

evemarie, im sure you will get what you want, just think it can only be one or the other after all...

Or both :lol:

ive heard so much with wifes tales their all different like the bellys.

ive heard all round its a boy and in front its a girl but ove also heard them vice versa so that doesnt really help much. i felt mine to be a boy for months but then all of a sudden i was thinkiing maybe a girl then the sonographer said definate girl but we cant be 100% and she couldnt see signs of a boy but she couldnt see very well so its kinda a suprise i think.

hi,

me and my oh were always certain it was a boy- no idea how! but we were right.

it is scientifically proven that girls move sooner than boys in the womb- although they don't know the reason for this.

as far as old wives tales- i think they're rubbish! as they all said i was havin a girl.

me and my sister are both having boys and we were both sick well into the 2nd trimester. anyone else?

lisa xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back