What happens at a pre op

misscrazycooki

Reaction score
Got my pre op today do i need to take my bags with me. I had emergency section with my first. So no idea what to expect x

39 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

I have no idea hun, but didn't want to read and run. Hope ur pre op gets well though, u get to meet ur lil man tomorrow, elk how exciting!! Xx

Thanks hun well excited been up since 5 and my son was up early too. Just unsure if they will keep me in today as they said if they can pop my waters and get baby to come out they might so just in limbo x

Oh wow, what time is ur appointment? Have u got anyone who could bring in ur bags if u have to stay? Saves lugging them in if u then have to come back home xx

I would get everything just in case? You can always leave them in the car until needed?
Do you have childcare arranged for your older LO?

I had a pre op but not pregnancy related it was due To an accident I had. They basically filled in my medical history and took swabs to see if I had a bug (think It was to check I didn't have mrsa) and go through what would happen.

No idea what happens, but didnt want to read and run. Wishing you loads of luck for today xx

Pre ops normally consist of height, weight (for anaesthetic purposes), blood pressure, history of past op's, general health questions, sometimes a throat swab for MRSA and a general chat about what will happen x

Midwife gone to find out if i need to be kept in over night x

Because i am diabetic so they may keep me here x just waiting on finding out x so far just sat in the monitoring room with a little bump cramp x

I was just nosing around this tri and saw this and I am so excited for you. I hope everything goes well. It'd be fab if they let you home but still eeeekkkk.

Is your little one excited? Mine keeps cuddling my bump and kissing it! He's very excited and I have ages to go.

Keep us all informed. :lol::dance:Whoop whoop. xxx

Being admitted tonight so ready for section in morning x

Good luck. Hope it all goes ok tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

before my c-section the anesthetic nurse came to see me the anesthetist and the surgeon.i was asked basic stuff like what was i allergic to, did i have any piercings in did i have nail polish on or make up which meds i was on then i was told of possible things that could happen during the surgery and did i understand that then i signed the consent forms.
bp and temp were checked also and i think bloods may have been taken.
hope everything goes smoothly xx u are soon gonna be a mummy again how exciting xx

Sat waiting may make another thread to keep you all updated or should i keep this one and rename it lol x

Good luck, not long until you meet your little man now x

Good luck for tomorrow!! x x :):)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Good luck xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads