removed for personal reasons

Last edited:
When i was younger apparently...

I used to have nightmares and wake up screeming
And it took me ages to calm me down
It was like i was in a trance

They used to call me "the screeming scull"
(Well my dad did)

Theres an embarrasing story ive shared....

:lol:

Oh and it didnt do me any harm...

er it sounds like something but i've forgotten the name of...night frights or something..erm sorry this really isnt very helpful is it...
its where they have a frightening dream or they just wake up scared its very common in toddlers!!
I think i should have looked this up before i replied but at least it gives you a starting point to research!

Poor little Seren, it must be really hard for you to see her like that!!
I'll look this up and see what i find :hug: :hug:

it does sound like night terrors hunnie.
I have no advixce on this at all - but how awful for you. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thta's exactly what it sounds like Fran. LFC sarah, I was the same, used to sit up in bed and scream, I also used to sleepwalk, and do sleeptalk and it says night terrors are genetic.

Thanks guys, I am sitting here shaking, its shaken me up that much :(

beanie said:
Thta's exactly what it sounds like Fran. LFC sarah, I was the same, used to sit up in bed and scream, I also used to sleepwalk, and do sleeptalk and it says night terrors are genetic.

Thanks guys, I am sitting here shaking, its shaken me up that much :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh god i hope Callum doesnt start.. :(

My nan babysat me once and said i gave her the fright of her life :lol:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I know its scary my sister had that when she was 4 :-(
but you know they don't usually remember it when they wake up! i think
the best advice is as you know it happens about 4 hours after she falls asleep..try waking her a bit before
and resettling..i think it says that on that website too!
poor you, I hope that will work! xx

Sounds like it could be night terrors to me. I used to suffer terribly as a child with them.
I would scream and literally try and climb the walls. My mum said i was in like a trance and if she tried to comfort me i would almost look straight through her as if she wasnt there. I also sleep walked aswell.
They say you grow out of them but i still have the odd episode now which scares the shit out of my OH when i wake up screaming :lol:

yeah its sort of like extreme sleepwalking because i don't think they actually wake up properly,
i was a terrible sleep walker and talker but never got night terrors but my sister did and it sounds exactly like Seren.
she would lash out and all sorts! and i shared a room with her so it woke me up too! i was terrified!

Hi beanie, im sorry seren hs started having night terrors, my son has them every now and again and he screams and crys and is unconsoloable and cannot come out of them untl he can. He has attacked us as well, but then he can just come out of them like that and be calm and go to sleep again.

Just sit with her while shes having them and she will calm down. Dont try and get her out of it because it will make her worse possibly.

she was sleepwalking tonight, I just guided her back into her bed and she woke up and asked for her music back on. Am going to close her gate as I am so scared she is going tofall down the stairs.

I feel awful. I have sleptwalked but it has been when I have been under a great deal of stress or upset so now I am thinking Seren is feeling scared or worried. She did go up a group in nursery last week but it has been a gradual move and she has not shown any signs of being upset whatsoever.I have asked her if she is upset or feels sad and she says no mummy, I am happy. Is it something I am doing wrong? I also feel bad as sleepwalking creeps me out :(

Its not neccesarily(sp?) because she is upset so try not to stress yourself out too much thinking there must be something up-
you are such a good mummy i'm sure she would tell you if she felt upset about something :hug:
I used to (and still do sometimes) sleepwalk a lot..and i have now figured out it is when i am overtired, when its hot and humid
and esp a mixture of the two! The whole night terror thing has probably disturbed her sleep and that may have led to the sleepwalking. With the night terror thing that also is a common thing at her age and it doesn't have to mean she is upset by something in particular- i think theres a general becoming more aware of the world around you at that age IYKWIM?

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Oh hun, no you sound like a great mummy. Dont think its anything you have done. My mum used to think that she had done something to trigger these night terrors or that someone else would think that she had. I rarely slept at friends houses i was that bad. I remember one night being carried back home from a friends house (across the road) because i had just nearly given my friends mum a heart attack from my blood curdling screaming :lol:
With the sleep walking my mum was advised to either let me be or guide me back to bed gently. Never to wake me. Apparently i used to come downstairs and just sit on the floor like i am watching telly.
I cant remember when i got over the worst of the night terrors/sleepwalking. Will have to ask my mum about it.

I still have the odd episode now. But now i am sometimes actually aware of what i am doing but cant stop myself as if i am half asleep, half awake :? All they do now is annoy the hell out of me because i am so tired after a night of that. And i find that my tiredness triggers them off even more.

My brother also has some kind of sleep problems too. According to his ex he used to go round the bedroom in the night whilst asleep and move all the pics/ornaments etc around or hide them under the bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back