When to transfer into the toddler bed?

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
We have recently aquired a toddler bed, thing is I know Rosie is still ok in her cot but Im wondering when the best time would be to transfer her; bearing in mind the baby will be here in 9 ish weeks and so possibly by then she might be ready BUT I dont want to do it around that time as it will be a transitional period for her anyway.

Has anyone been in this situation? Maybe Im trying to rush her and ought to leave it to when she is ready? :eh:

We have recently aquired a toddler bed, thing is I know Rosie is still ok in her cot but Im wondering when the best time would be to transfer her; bearing in mind the baby will be here in 9 ish weeks and so possibly by then she might be ready BUT I dont want to do it around that time as it will be a transitional period for her anyway.

Has anyone been in this situation? Maybe Im trying to rush her and ought to leave it to when she is ready? :eh:

Hi RM :wave: You could try putting her in her toddler bed soon with a bed guard to make sure she doesnt roll out, I don't think you're trying to rush her at all. Jacob is nearly 16 months old and already somehow manages to climb out of his cotbed so to avoid any accidents I'm soon going to have to convert it into a bed as it is safer than him climbing over the rails and hurting himself. xx

You could try her ...and if it doesn't work then try again at a later date?

For us Caitlin really didn't go into her toddler bed until a handful of weeks ago (I posted on here) - she took it well but I don't regret her using her cot until over 2 that was her comfort zone. I will probably move Caitlin to a single and Megan into toddler quicker than I did with big Moo though x

dolly was about rosies age when she went in her's we out a bed gurad on and a baby gate at her bedroom door, dunno If I was just luckly but she took to it really well. We got her peppa pig bedding (it did match her room) but she picked it herself and this really helped she now asked to go to peppa pig bed.

Lanny thats really cute! We're going to assemble her bed this weekend, I will have to take her to get some bedding and a junior duvet! :)

We put Lacey in a toddler bed at 15months so as soon as she started walking! She never fell out but she did get up during the night a couple times but after she relised she wasn't allowed she's been fine ever since!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back