when?

LouLou1986

Reaction score
when do you like unpack the steralizer and put it into its spot in the kitchen, or get the bed/moses basket ready etc? has anyone done this yet??

with my previous children I'm sure I had it out ready a couple of weeks before due date.....i'm now overdue & everythings still in the boxes in the nursery, but I did clean them all out & test they worked (as been in loft) several weeks ago now. x x

All our things are still in the boxes as well with the exception of the car seat base.

I was planning on sorting all of that out at the beginning of May when I start my maternity leave. I've made a spot on the worktop for the steriliser and got a shelf in a cupboard for the bottles. xx

im tempted to do mine like this min, but for some reason im being wary and i shudnt be really as they did almost deliver him last week didnt they, i think that my relatives put up codies when i was in hospital but cnt rember :/

lou have u forgot what u done wi ur first child lol cause i have i keep thinking what did i do the first time...... i keep thinking bout washing the baby things but i think no its to soon lol then i think il get the covers washed at least n think no lol..... I cant remeber anything i done from the first time round :(

I fetched my steriliser out yesterday and had a play with it. The cots been up a couple of weeks now, I like to be prepared for these things lol.

lou have u forgot what u done wi ur first child lol cause i have i keep thinking what did i do the first time...... i keep thinking bout washing the baby things but i think no its to soon lol then i think il get the covers washed at least n think no lol..... I cant remeber anything i done from the first time round :(

I've got 2 girls and I still can't remember what I did and when! Packing my hospital bag was a nightmare, I was totally bewildered what to put in it!

exactly that lou_1!! i dnt rember a thing from having codie, hence why i think my family might off done it but i dnt know???

and is your seterilizer all set up in the kitchen then? i need to sort out the cuboard for bottles aswell didnt think about that till i read it on here somewhere!

oh gosh dnt talk about the bag i have looked at pjs and bought 3 pairs which i now think r no good, cant decide on anything :(

see thats how ditzy i am at the moment!! i read on this very thread about having a shelf for bottles, i have no hope really do i lol!

i actually have the cupboard sorted n have taken the bottles out the box my sterilizer is sitting in the kitchen cupboard..

With u not knowing whats happening tho lou u might be aswell to get bits organised now just incase hun x

Last edited:
thanks girls i think i will, just dnt want to jink things by having it sat on the side, but saying that the cots up and i have a moses basket stand in the living room for a good few weeks now!

Good question!!!! I should maybe get the sterliser and bottles out the box this weekend. This might sound daft but should I sterlise the bottles before using them or just wash them? Also when do I use milton? Help?! :lol:

My moses basket is up but with the plastic bag over it as it was gathering dust but its all cramped on my room with all her furniture in there too. When are you girls putting the bedding on????

x

Good question!!!! I should maybe get the sterliser and bottles out the box this weekend. This might sound daft but should I sterlise the bottles before using them or just wash them? Also when do I use milton? Help?! :lol:

My moses basket is up but with the plastic bag over it as it was gathering dust but its all cramped on my room with all her furniture in there too. When are you girls putting the bedding on????

x

Literally wash and sterilize before you use the bottles, they only stay sterilized for a limited time....can't recall off my head.
I've washed bedding but not getting it out til I'm home with a baby! X x

Ok thanks hun. I think its maybe 24 hours but I could be wrong. Will need to check.

x

ive got all mine out off the box but left the sterlizer till after easter as my darling daughter has a pile off easter eggs where its going to go bless her, as for moses basket think i will do the bedding when i get home from the hospital as its all striped down might put it on the stand in the bedroom to see how it will look though, think the nestings hit me tbh

oh and pinky mum you might aswell just steralize the bottles when you get out off hospital as they only stay steral for 24 hours anyways so you will just end up doing it again and again lol!!

you will need to sterilise bottle before using them i normally just click the steriliser on when i get home from the hospital are you using a cold water steriliser then with having milton??

all my stuff is at my mil i need to wash it all yet haha

I don't think I'll be putting the bedding on until I get home from hospital but it is washed and ready just to put on.

You girls have just reminded me that I have to wash my bottles tomorrow then I know that I've washed them properly and not like hubby who will just give them a quick splash around in the sink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back