which breast pump?

Nanc

Reaction score
Hi All, can anyone please recommend a good breast pump? I am looking at electric, but probably not duo as they are so expensive. I am considering the avent Isis IQ UNO and the Medela Swing. Anyone have these or other good ones? X

I've got a medela swing and I love it!! Didn't get to use it much for Toby because he wouldn't drink milk from anything other than me but I had a manual Avent one before and the swing is a million times better x

I had a manual, not too bad, but wish I had got an electric. I have heard nothing but good things from friends about the medela swing x

Thanks Sam's Mum. These two seem to have really good reviews. Is the medela one quick to pump? x

Very quick - although I have nothing to compare it to other than the manual Avent one, but it was so much faster than that. And it also helps that you can just stick it on and sit there rather than having to do all the work yourself! x

I got the medela manual first off, then the swing thinking it would be more effective.

I found the electric (for me) isn't really any faster/more effective, but it is easier as you only need one hand!

The medela swing is a lifesaver! I would have quit breastfeeding ages ago without it! I can get about 6oz in 15 mins in the evening after Eva has gone to bed. In the mornings when the boobies are full, I can get more than that.

I had an electric avent one (one sure if it's the one you mentioned) and it was really good. You could mimic the speed you wanted and it would continue doing it the same for you. Very clever!

In saying that, everyone raves about the medela swing one.

oh and not just sayign that but am selling a brand new one in classifieds...have a peek!!

Medela Swing is fantastic. I ended up exclusively pumping for 12 weeks, and would have never been able to do it without this faithfull. I did loads of searching before deciding on it. Don't go for the model below, which i believe is about £50 ish, as it is very load, does the job, but you can not hear yourself think. The Swing model is brill.
Good luck

Another Medela Swing fan here! Buy Minchin's, bargain!! :)
Seriously, I use the Medela every morning for just 10 minutes and get 6 oz - my freezer stash of milk is mahoosive!

hiiiii....everyone

Generally women use breast pumps in case of lactating. women use breast pumps to continue breastfeeding after they return to work. The milk can be store for only 3 to 4 hours not more then that time period. If the mother needs to take medication that affects the breast milk and may be harmful to the infant, the breast milk to keep up her milk supply during the time period that she is on the medication and may resume nursing after the course of medication is completed.
As we go with snow bear electric breast pump which is made of 100% safe material. as i brought from..,healthmanas

I've got the Avent electric one and it's been fab. I don't express everyday but it's been great and you can get handy pots that connect to the pump so you can express into a pot and freeze it. The pots have also been handy for freezing little portions of food now that we're weaning :)

hiiiii....everyone

Generally women use breast pumps in case of lactating. women use breast pumps to continue breastfeeding after they return to work. The milk can be store for only 3 to 4 hours not more then that time period. If the mother needs to take medication that affects the breast milk and may be harmful to the infant, the breast milk to keep up her milk supply during the time period that she is on the medication and may resume nursing after the course of medication is completed.
As we go with snow bear electric breast pump which is made of 100% safe material. as i brought from..,healthmanas

Clearly advertising? Also filled with incorrect information??

Another medela fan... my only regret is not getting the double pump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back