Which one?? Help...please?

ZoeM1

Reaction score
Hi again :wave:

Went to try out travel systems at Toysarus at weekend.

We're thinkin of buying a middle of the range travel system and have been looking at the Silvercross Cargo and Sofia travel systems.

With all the trimmings, plus a car seat, it's gonna cost about £330 - £380.

Has anyone else bought a Silvercross systems, and if so, what do you think of them? Any other suggestions would be v helpful!!! :think: :think:

Zo

not sure if i would call that middle of the range pram.. costing around 400 quid.. thats pretty high end of the range.. i think you are probably best asking this question in ask a mum? because this pram is obviously a new range, and the mums there are more likly to ahve used it that pregnant mums.. also if you put in the pram make and brand into google you should find reviews..

you need to think of the practicalitys of the pram and what you need it for..if you drive and will be using the car mostly, perhaps just a simple stroller would do? if you walk everywhere then a sturdier pram perhaps a 2 in1 or 3 in 1 would be more suitable. you also need to think.. if you have a car does the pram fit into the boot and does the car seat fit into the car.. there are lots to think about..

good luck..

with my daughter who is 2 i had delux graco travel system it had cat seat and the care base and a carry cot footmuff apron for 300 we also got a free mamas and papas cot which was about 120-150 so was a good deal. it still looks brand new as cover can be washed it also had digital temp and time on it as well. the only thing is that it is heavy so if u have not got a car could be a pain also u need big boot space. i have a 4x4 and it leaves not much room for shopping.

silvercross is expensive because of its name but is a good brand. i would still shop around in birmingham they have lots of baby warehouses that are cheaper from main shops.

have fun shopping

marie x
18wks

Ditto the comment above i had this for DD too and i have just sold it after 18 months still looking like new on the freeads. I sold it to get a phil and teds sport yay!

We've gone for the Silver Cross 3D travel system but as I don't have a baby yet I can't let you know if it's any good for baby! We thought it was nice and sturdy though.

We're going to look at the silvercross 3D again tonight, we cant decided whether to get it in jet sport or cargo :think:

Ours is the pistachio - black with lime green trimmings (and not as awful colour as it sounds!! lol)

Hi All

I said this was middle of the range because some of the designer travel systems are as much as £650 - £700, although you can buy a much cheaper system for as little as £175 - I've been flicking through a few catalogues.

The Sophia Silvercross systems is also quite nice.

Anyone have to battle escalators with a travel system in pushchair mode?

Zo

I've never seen anyone take a pram of any description up an escalator. What's wrong with using the lift? :lol:
I don't think it's very safe using an escalator, especially with a carseat on the pram, it might fall off :shock:

my OH takes our buggy on escalotor, but i wudnt try it :shock:

i wud also say a cheap travel system be about 100, middle range 150 and any thing over that top of the range hehehehe

Hi Paradysso

We went to John Lewis on Oxford Street last night - if you want to see yuppy, designer, top of the range travel systems, go there - £700 + for designer stuff!!...lovely, but v expensive.

Zo

Hello!!

We are trying to decide between the mamas and papas pliko p3 or the silvercross 3d....

soooo difficult to decide and such a lot of money so want it to be right

:think:

ZoeM said:
Hi Paradysso

We went to John Lewis on Oxford Street last night - if you want to see yuppy, designer, top of the range travel systems, go there - £700 + for designer stuff!!...lovely, but v expensive.

Zo

did you buy anything?

If it helps you decide i have heard terrible reviews about M&P's buggies they are badly made to say the least, all you pay for is the name.... One friend had 3 faulty buggies in a row from there and the other was pushing the buggy and the wheel snapped and fell off, she was lucky the baby didnt end up in the road.

yeah have to agree on m&p ive had one where the wheels went loopy so took it back to shop and the woman replied "oh dont worry its a common fault" :shock:

my new buggy if new with all assesories wud be 700, but thanks to ebay its not :rotfl:

I've read bad reviews about the M&P carseat, so that put's me off them.

The most I'm willing to pay for the pram is £400 and that will have to include the carseat and preferably a carrycot too. I'm stingy and I know from experience that I'll probably be looking for a lightweight buggy by the time babys 6 months old :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back