Why is this journey made so frustrating?

laurat

Reaction score
We I had yet another example of one of the most frustrating bits about my lttc journey. How it is made even more unbearable and heartbreaking by the NHS! Din't get me wrong I fully appreciate that we have it and have no 'beef' with any hard working dr, nurse or office worker but my goodness it is a shambles in my area!

The latest shambles occured yesterday. I am currently in what should be month 15 of a 16 (min) month wait for IUI! Many corkers to get here but this was yesterdays. On the 20th March I paid for a private consultation at the Royal hospital. Its where Im going for the NHS but hadn't had a 'booking' appointment through. Well I went and got a lovely dr who said IUI is definetly my best option to try first. I said ok we should not be too far away from that on the NHS to which she then checked the back of my file and said. Well hou have a 'booking' appointment in May then. It will be me you see so don't come to this. There is no point as I e done all I would then. I thought great Ill wait for my IUI appointment which should be June time hopefully.

Fast forward to Mon 1May and I thought ok had expected an appointment through by now as they usually send thrm out a month or so in advance. So thought Ill phone to see where I am on the waiting list. Low and behold same old story with the phone got an answer service. Left a message to phone me back actually fully expecting to have to phone back myself. So sursprisedd to get a call at 8.30am from the reveptionist to see what I wanted. Told her I wanted to check where I was on the waiting list. She took my name dob etc said she would call back. I said if possible before 9. Anyhow she did at 5 to nine and told me. You have your booking appointment today at 2.30. I told her no thats the one the dr told me she haf cancelled and that I didnt have to come to. She put me in hold came back and said Ive spoken to someone else and you MUST come to this appointment tiday to sign gorms etc. The private clinic is completely seperate. I said again that the dr had assured me it wasnt explained Im a teacher and I cant get away at the drop of a hat without notice. She wouldnt budge. I got upset had to go to my line manager who was amazing as was my head who personally ended up covering my class. Hubby got away from his wirk.

Arrived to the appointment on time to wait 25 mins to be seen. Who comes out to call my name but yes the 'private' dr. She smiles when we sit down and says well how can I help. Told her we were told we had to come as the NHS and private is seperate. She said but I told you you didnt have to. To which I said well the receptionist said we had to. I explained we can't take a chance that we get black balled. She went away spoke to the 2 receptionists saidvthey were both blaming each ither. Apologised as if they had just asked her as she was there she would have told them! 2 hours waste of time and complete panic. Oh and still wont answer when my appointment is for IUI!

Oh hun its flipping shite!! I know exactly how your feeling :-( x

:hugs: :hugs:

i understand things can be super frustrating especially when you didnt need to go :(
thankfully you have an undertsanding head xx

Oh no what a day! Sorry to hear you were messed around. My husband is a teacher as well so I know how hard it is to get time off for anything!!!! Big big hugs. I hope you are able to start Iui ASAP! It really is not that far away. Love gizzy xxxx

Ohhh Laura how stressful for you :hugs:

Does your work already know you are having fertility treatment ? I think women managers are much more understanding of these types of situations.

Complete rubbish - why can't people just talk to each other!! At least your colleagues were lovely covering you like that, bodes well for future if you do need time off for treatment?

Oooof Laura talk about frustrating! The receptionists don't seem to care the panic and upheaval they are causing you! At least you have a supportive manager. Take some deep breaths and put it behind you. Have some choc philly! Or better a nice bar of dairy milk! It's really sunny over my way is it the same at yours? Feels amazing to get.some sun, hope you're enjoying it hun xxx

Thanks girls! Im more calm today. My head is actually a guy but he does know about my mc and treatment needed etc but more in a guy way as my depute whos amazing kind of keeps him informed. I tell her. To be honest they are both gems and supportive. In terms of time off etc as I work for the council Ive looked in to it if it ever came to be a problem getting timd iff but apparently fertility treatment comes under the same situation as maternity and pregnancy appointments and I am entitled to the time. Im lucky though that I have such a good staff though as Im sure some could make you feel like an inconvienience! Also reckon Id have been pushing it legally to find out in the morning I needed time off and get it in the afternoon. A but of notice required Im sure. Actually feel guilty about the time iff though sometimes!

oh no not what you need at all xxxxxxx

Kay Kay chocolate philly wrap is my desert tonight and the weather is amazing! I had the day off for the election today too so all feeling a lot rosier!!!! Hope your enjoying it too!

sorry your having a rough time with them. the nhs really does astound me sometimes!

Wow, all credit to your boss, glad to he hear was supportive and did the decent thing.

How super-frustrating to have "crossed channels" like that where someone was incompetent enough to give you the wrong information. Grrrrrr. Hope you get to find out more soon about your IUI appt xx

Hi Laura!! Bloody hell the royal don't make it easy for you!! The receptionist should have got up and checked with the doctor, then all that panicking would have been saved!! At least you know that your iui will start fairly soon, and this should be just the ticket for you!! Just think of that! Hope you have a nice long weekend Hun xxx

oh god thats unbelieveable Laura - Can you call them and hassle them for a date ? I guess theres more too it than that, but how frustrating for you to be the one doing all the chasing and waiting.

Glad your feeling better today

Sadly this doesn't really surprise me, but how awful? You would think that some of the people who work in the NHS would have more sensitivity towards people going to hosp for any sort of treatment, it's always going to be a high stress time.

I hope things go smoother from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back