will stress harm the baby?

linxminx21

Reaction score
hi girls hope you are all well and have healthy happy babies :)

my mum had a heart attack yesterday completely out of the blue with no warning shes only 47 :( itscome as a shock to us all i was sat up at ospital all day yesterday and i had alot to deal with

i know stress can affect you in tri one alot more but how does it affect baby in tri 2?? im trying to keep calm but its a worry her mum dies of the same thingg aged 49!!!!

and iv already lost my dad when i was 18 he was 43!!!

sorr for such a misserable post but im worried aboutt my little baby too and the impact its having on him/her x x

Aww hun im so sorry to hear that. I really hope she recovers quickly.

Bless you hunny!i Really dont know much about the affects of stress, but i am sure baby is fine... try not to worry yourself even more, maybe speak to your gp yo put you mind at rest.

Big hugs xxx

I'm really sorry to hear that hun :(
I doubt stress can actually harm your baby, and obviously this is a really horrible time for you so just do what you need to do, don't feel bad about the way you are feeling as it's completely understandable.

Wishing you and your mum all the best xx

awww hunny wishing ur mum a speedy recovery, how is she today?
I sure your little bubba is fine its hard not to stress yourself out with something like this but just make sure you look after yourself aswel such a drinking, eating and rest where you can. When things like this happen its easy to forget little things as simple as drinking to keep hydrated.
Keep us posted
x

Oh no, what a horrible thing to happen.....sending you the biggest hug! Stress should be avoided so make sure you take some time out for yourself and baby.

Really sorry to hear that, wishing your mum all the best :hugs:

Sorry to hear about your mum

Unfortunately stress is dangerous for baby, in certain cases even smoking isn't as bad as stress..which isn't very reassuring but jut try your best not to allow yourself to get stressed.

I suppose you could use the same techniques as people need to use to stop smoking and alcohol during pregnancy, think about what it will do to your baby..if it doesn't work i'd advice you to go to your doctors.

Try yoga and some self help books online are great for techiniques to control stress.

Good luck

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this hon hope your mum gets better very soon. Easier said than done but try your best not to worry, I'm sure baba will be fine x x

Awww hun so sorry to hear that :hugs:
Wishing your mum all the very best xxx

No idea about stress - I've heard it's not good BUT my GP said last time that it would make the baby stronger - which totally confused me. Really, just try not to stress so that you're not overly suffering its effects. That's always the advice!

thank you girls so much
mum had an angeogram today and her heart looks fine and her arteries look good too so there puzzled as to why her bloods indicating heart attack were very high and the pain is still there
thanx so much girls x x

Sorry to hear this, hope your mum makes a speedy recovery x
Like the others said try look after yourself too,rest properly, and let people know how your feeling. A lot of stress can come from bottling things up. I'm sure baby will be fine, I think it would be hard for anyone to not feel stressed in your situation, least your mum sounds a bit better today x

Sorry to hear about your Mum linx. Hope you're ok and wishing your Mum a speedy recovery.xxxx

Hope your mum gets better asap! xx

thanx girls mum is alot better today and the doctor is giving her a heart scan tomorrow but thy no longer think it was heart attack as shes had an angeogram and nothing showed up x x

Didnt want to read and run just to say am thinking of you xxx

Just catching up with posts. So sorry to hear this. I know how stressful it can be. I've gone through the same thing on a number of occasions now xx

I think the best thing to do to try keep stress levels down is just make sure you remember you're pregnant and you need to rest, eat and drink as normal and easier said then done I know, but try having a little you time, even if it's just sitting and 'switching off' for 30 minutes and not thinking about what is going on around you. Try having a lie down and talking to bump about something random or if you start feeling kicks take time out to just sit quietly and enjoy them.
xxx

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your mum Linx... Lets hope the doctors can find out what is wrong soon... It can be really stressful time so as the other girls said take some time our for yourself.... am sure baby will be fine... they are more strong then we think. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back