Wind

Tasha20

Reaction score
Over the past 3-4 days shes had really bad wind, and over the past couple of days she suffering with it drawing her knees up in pain :( she been sick more than usual after feeds but its been half digested and her poo is very very watery and not seedy like normal.

I have got some infacol and I will c how that goes, but ne one hav any ideas? is this normal 4 her age?

Sorry Tasha, I can't help but I hope your little girl feels better soon :hug:

Does she have a temperature? Watery poo and being sick could be a bug.

Thanks for the replys :D

Now I thought she may have a bug but she seems well in herself and doesnt have a temp, she only gets upset about her wind and pooing, i just dont understand :think:

Leorah also had this problem and for her it turned out she's MSPI but I did lots of research and apparantley its normal for young babies to get a lot of wind and get upset when pooing. The infacol takes a few days to start to work to its full potential but when it does its usually good, if things don't improve after you've used infacol a while then there may be another reason but I would give the infacol a chance to work :)

ok thank you Katt, :D I am seeing the HV on thurs and it would of been 3 days of using infacol by then.

:hug:

If you feel there is something wrong by then be assertive with your HV as they usually brush off problems like this with comments like "all babies get wind" or "all babies cry" :wall: They don't think there is ever a problem if your baby puts on weight so Leorah suffered way too long. Sorry I am a bit bitter about it :lol:

could it be a touch of colic?
hope she gets better tasha :hug: :hug:

My hv is very nice and she does listen to me, so im hopeing she wont do that to me, but I will be persistant about it.

I didnt know breastfed babies could get colic?

hope shes better soon please let us know how you get on :)

have you tried giving her a belly massage before feeding her? apperently it helps with digestion x

Yes apparantley there is no difference whether they are breast or bottle fed.

Olivia is gorgeous BTW!!

These symptoms are the exact same as Rowan had when he became lactose intolerant.

Oh I didnt know that, lol learn something new everyday :D

Thanks Katt your Leorah is a beauty too :hug:

Lactose intolerant? whats that mean and what effects does it cause on babys?

Logan has been lke this for the past few days too.....

I am going t ask my HV about it on Thursday but I would be interested in hearing the reponses.... So its ok for breast fed babies to take infacol then??

Yes I give Olivia infacol before every feed and it seems to be doing something, lol shes farting like mad :rotfl:

Tho shes still quite sicky :|

I will be asking mine too, it could be to do with there stomaches maturing, thats one thing ive heard? :think:

Lots of babies are sick after feeds, Leorah still is. If baby doesn't put on weight, is miserable with colicky symtons then it can sometimes be reflux. All babies are born with immature digestive systems.

Lactose intolerance is quite rare in babies, more are sensitive to the milk proteins, that's what Leorah has and also had similar symtons that's why thses things go undiagnosed so often.

I hope your babies are all just fine now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back