Would you give your 5 month old chocolate????????

Nat26

Reaction score
Sorry rant coming!!

Ok so I don't usually post that much but this has really annoyed me. What do you girls think on giving a 5 month old chocolate?

I'm so annoyed went to the MIL and she had bought Jack a pack of chocolate buttons...I went on to tell her that I've not yet started him on solids and he is still exclusively breastfed....Even if he was on solids I certainly wouldnt give him chocolate. She then even said she'd give it to him despite the fact my rules are he doesn't have any!!

Anyway...so Jack has not yet been offered any foods and after dinner MIL decided to feed him some lemon meringue pie! I'm absolutely livid, not only would i not feed him that sort of thing but I wanted to be the first person to give him anything to eat....I'm so annoyed and upset :mad::(:(

completely understand where you r coming from. Holly started blw at 6 months and i won't give her any chocolate yet, even though she has got some for easter! She doesn't have cakes, biscuits etc at all. We r lucky that grandparents ask before she has things and won't give her it if we say no. Tell your mil you won't go round for any more meals if she can't do what you ask. What does your oh think?

Thats the problem I thought I had explained clearly that hes not yet eating solids and she still continues to feed him while my back was turned. I haven't got in to an arguement with OH about it because he just thinks his mother knows best about everything and doesn't support me. I won't go round there at all if she does that, I would NEVER give anyones child anything without asking first.

Why do people buy babies chocolate anyway????

That's absolutely disgraceful how dare she go behind your back and take away that special milestone from you! I would be absolutely livid and not leave my child alone with her until he was on solids if at all if she didn't follow my rules.

I know and I've been holding off until 6 months and was so excited about giving him his first food. I'm literally in tears :( How dare anyone take that special moment from me :(

Well Jack will certainly never be left alone with her now if thats what happens when I turn my back for just a second.

I know and I've been holding off until 6 months and was so excited about giving him his first food. I'm literally in tears :( How dare anyone take that special moment from me :(

Well Jack will certainly never be left alone with her now if thats what happens when I turn my back for just a second.

Did you tell her? i would have lost my temper to be honest! I would be obvious she is not been left alone with LO now if she cant follow your rules, did OH say anything? x

Oh my god I would livid that is disgraceful !!! My daughter has started weaning but if anyone but me had given her her first taste of something I'm not sure I could have held my tongue !! As for choc I have given Rhea her first quarter of a choc button but it won't b a regular thing and me and oh will probably eat her eggs xxx

oh i would be fuming if i were u , she had no right to do that

even if he was on solids she still woulnt have the rite to give sweet things without ur permission

personally i dont play on giving any chocolate when she is on solids, they dont know any different so would much rater get them eating healthyfood for few years first then give it as a ocasional treat

OMG I'm livid for you, how stupid and unthoughtful can this woman be. I'd be heartbroken if that had happened to me :(

And why on earth would she give her something as sugary and unhealthy as lemon meringue pie, the silly woman.

Did you tell her? i would have lost my temper to be honest! I would be obvious she is not been left alone with LO now if she cant follow your rules, did OH say anything? x

At the point i realised she'd done it it was too late :( I thought I'd made myself clear earlier that I hadn't started him on solids so tbh I was rather shocked. No OH doesn't seem to care or realise why it hurts me :(

oh i would be fuming if i were u , she had no right to do that

even if he was on solids she still woulnt have the rite to give sweet things without ur permission

personally i dont play on giving any chocolate when she is on solids, they dont know any different so would much rater get them eating healthyfood for few years first then give it as a ocasional treat

Exactly my thought! It is just about the only time you are going to be able to choose what your lo eats without any other influences!

OMG I'm livid for you, how stupid and unthoughtful can this woman be. I'd be heartbroken if that had happened to me :(

And why on earth would she give her something as sugary and unhealthy as lemon meringue pie, the silly woman.

I'm so glad its not just me, I've literally been in tears. And exactly lemon meringue pie WTF! I think you got it spot on there...shes a SILLY WOMAN!!

Oh my god I would livid that is disgraceful !!! My daughter has started weaning but if anyone but me had given her her first taste of something I'm not sure I could have held my tongue !! As for choc I have given Rhea her first quarter of a choc button but it won't b a regular thing and me and oh will probably eat her eggs xxx

I like the idea of eating the eggs lol x

Maybe a little lie something like lo wasn't atall himself had explosive poos and poorly belly couldn't for the life of me think what was wrong.... Do you think it could be lo being given solids. I'd be fuming

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Totally understand why you would be so upset, I would be fuming. How you have managed not to explode at her and other half is very controlled. I would have gone mental!

I'd be livid. Am pretty furious on your behalf.

I'm angry on your behalf too! I just read this to my OH. I would be livid if anyone decided to give my baby food before he was weaned. And of course you want to be the first person to share that moment with him and decide what he has! Lemon meringue pie as well. WTF.

I feel for you because idk that your MIL will understand and I can totally get why you'd feel cheated and angry :hug:

xxxx

Thanks, I'm so pleased that you all agree and that its not just me overreacting like my OH says. Hes like "why you getting upset its only a bit of lemon meringue pie". I tried to explain that I am so excited about starting to introduce solids and I have been waiting so patiently until Jack reaches 6 months and hes so nearly there I was going to start at the end of the month. I told him that his mother has taken something special away from me and that I won't be keen on going there again any time soon. Never thought I could be so emotional about someone taking something away from me.

I'd feel exactly the same its a big milestone! How dare she go behind your back, you are his mummy, you decide when your baby is weaned and you should be the first to do it x

Oh Im angry just reading this for you! How dare she take away your special moment and with something so crap and before 6 months! My oh would have been angry too if my MIL did that.
And no Kynon won't be getting chocolate anytime soon, Ill be eating his eggs people have brought! They don't know any different so young so no point in feeding them crap.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back