Yogs etc

claire2711

Reaction score
Just wondering when to give wee man things like petit filous, and what other things like that?

He's nearly 5 months and is on brekkie&lunch, just purees of fruit&veggies at the mo :D

These are great. I think your lo would be fine with one of these.

Angel had them from 4 months. Some state on the top that they are suitable for weaning from 4-6 months. I just got those ones.

thanks gals......without the forum i'd be lost (he'd be on steak&chips or something LOL :lol: )

It's up to you I suppose. Being dairy you should wait until 6 months regardless of whether you decide to give them. Some people give them regularly to their babies. Some don't because of the amount of sugar. There is far more sugar in them than fruit plus there is the sugar of the fruit. I know they say 'no artificial sweetners' but that just means they've used sugar. Several types I think plus flavourings. My mum bought them for DD so on a couple of occasions I have given her a small spoonful (and eaten the rest myself :oops: ) I don't see the point in giving her sugary stuff when she is just as happy with natural yogurt.

Ditto kalia really. I"m not a fan of these lil pots of fromage frais etc.

We give LO plain natural yogurt and mix in stewed or pureed fruit sometimes for a change. That way we know its not loaded with sugar and LO isn't getting that sugar fix and therefore wanting it in his diet more. Plus LO loves plain yogurt, he'll eat a whole pot in one go given the chance :)

Once he is older and fully weaned he'll have the odd pot of sweetened stuff now and again if out or something but I won't buy it otherwise.

I gave little stars and petit filous to harrison from 4 months

I gave Evie little stars from 4 months but she prefers Petit Filous....

I gave them from 6 months. We usually give the Sainsbury's own make ones as they have no sugar in them, or the Little Stars as although they have sugar they don'y have loads of other added extras.

I never really understood the whole no dairy before 6 months thing as I FF and that is dairy :?

Emms has had them from 6 months, I tried natural yoghurt bet it got spewed back up again very fast!!!

I'm keen on them as they have calcium and protein in them and Emms hasnt been a fan of meat so far for protein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back