12 weeks & spotting?!

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
I turned 12 weeks pregnant yesterday, and on that same day discovered a small amount of brown discharge when I wiped. I haven't had any bleeding at all in the pregnancy so far so I was quite alarmed. It was only a small amount, brown and was not accompanied by any cramping. I've had an even tinier amount today but it now seems to have stopped.
Just after I've started telling people too, I'm now petriifed about my first scan on thursday! To suddenly start spotting at this stage when you haven't had any before... is this normal? I seem to have lost all my pregnancy symptoms too :(

loosing pregnancy symptoms around 12wks is totally normal as to the bleeding the fact ti brown and stopped is good have you had sex recently it may be from that but id def inform m/w torow x

Yep, I pretty much lost all symptoms at 11.5 weeks or there abouts. The spotting shouldn't be a prob as it'll be old blood. Try not to fret hon- easier said than done I realise. X

the fact its brown and no cramping is a good sign lovely i would ring midwife just too put your mind at rest xx

Lots of ladies loose the bulk of the symptoms at 12 weeks, except sometimes the sickness as this is when the placenta takes over the hormone side of things and your body does not have to - so thats all normal

As you are dead on 12 weeks , that could be just a bit of spotting around the time of your period (if you were not pregnant), this does happen quite often.

Try not to worry - and if you get lots more or red blood then do ask for advice from EPU or Midwife / docs
X

Thanks for replying girls. I have made an appointment with the doctor as can't get hold of midwife today. Just to put my mind at rest, although I'm sure they'll just tell me to wait for the scan. Would my GP try to listen to the baby's heartbeat or not? Does anybody know?

I'm not sure you can hear it at 12 weeks hun, but good luck at the docs , let us know how you get on X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back