Spotting

Katya

Reaction score
I have had infrequent spotting for the last few days. On tuesday, twice when I wiped (sorry tmi) there was a small amount of brown discharge, nothing Wednesday, then Thursday once when I wiped. Then again once today (very light brown).

My doctor told me when I was first pregnant not to come in if there was any spotting, as it was normal - but I am worried, as everything I read says I should. The spotting is so light - nothing actually makes it to my pad, but I don't know if I am being silly - and I don't want to waste my doctors time - I guess is extremely light after all.

Any advice?

Hiya, this is normal but if you are worried go back to your dr or see a different one they should send you for an early scan.

Good luck
manda x

I had a scan on Sunday, and all was fine. Is it likely that things could go wrong so quickly?

i was told at my first scan that it was early days and had to go back 2 weeks later to check all was well and that bubs had grown the right amount i'd already had a miscarriage before though.

Hi I first had brown discharge when I wiped after a wee when I was about 8 weeks pregnant and I am still having it now although it is lighter at 10 weeks 3 days pregnant. It is mostly just when I wipe but occasionally I would have some in my knickers ( sorry tmi). I went for a scan at 8 weeks 4 days and they said that everything was fine and the baby was the size it should be for my dates and I heard the heartbeat which was cool. I am less worried now as I think that surely if I was going to miscarry it would have happened by now but I know how worrying it is at times. I have spoken to a lot of people who have had babies and a lot of them said that they had spotting of some kind in their pregnancy so it can be quite normal. I think the best thing to do is to try not to worry although that is easier said than done and only go back to the doctor if you have a lot of pain or the spotting turns red. I also get strong period type cramps a few times a day though and have done since I found out that I was pregnant. Good luck with your pregnancy.

Thank you for your reply. I seem to have spotting once a day when I wipe :oops: and then nothing, so I am sure I am just being silly. I am more fed up with feeling knackered and sick 24/7 to be honest :roll:

I know what you mean about feeling knackered and sick and it is a horrible feeling. I will be glad when I get past the 12 week stage so that I feel safer and hopefully not so ill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back