22 days over period due date

summer2011

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Currently on minipill cerazette, have been on this for 12 months. First 6 months period were all over the place, too many too little etc. However, periods settled back down to normal pattern, roughly lasting around 3-4 days every cycle. However, i was due to come on period over 3 weeks ago now, and still nothing.
Have been feeling nauseated most mornings/late in the evening, trips to the toilet have increased, have been fairly constipated and ducts on nipples appear to have increased slightly in size, seeming more raised and bumpy than usual.
Ordinarily i wouldn't be worried and would just put all of this down to effects of pill, but my periods had gone back to a normal pattern for almost 6 months until now.
I know the only sure way to know if i am pregnant is to take a test, i am waiting til next weekend as i will have missed two periods if AF does not arrive then.

Any advice, suggestions, thoughts...just anything really??

If you've missed one you should just take a test.

I was on cerazette when I got pregnant. Hadn't missed it or anything

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

I agree, just do a test and youll get an answer, plus you sound like to have pregnancy symptoms. :)

Hiya,

You probably know this already but just in case not thought i'd respond to your post :) for many people who take cerezette (including myself) after several months periods altogether.. for the first 3 months I had irregular and freuqent periods, all over the place then I had periods about once / month for the next 3 months then after 6 months they stopped altogether! So it could be just your body now settled and accepting of this pill, you may now get any more periods (until you decide to come off & TTC)... But saying all that, it does sounds like you're getting lots of pregnancy symptoms in addition to the change in periods etc i dont recall ever experiencing those kind of changes until after I came off the mini pill - & then they got extreme and I really thought I was pregnant but that wasn't the case :( when you next test again keep us informed of the result.. xx

Having never been on the pill I am unable to comment of changesin body but the symptoms your getting are all likely pregnancy symptoms, do a test :) x

hi ladies

update: i took two tests, one last night and one this morning with first urine.
last night's test was negative, however the one i took this morning came out as negative, but i only looked after about 30 seconds, saw the negative and discarded it. However, went back to check it just now after i got home from work to find a very faint line, making it a plus sign, rather than negative...im not sure whether i can class this as a reliable result, or it changed because it was left? Help please? xx

Its not realiable after 10mins. So you'll need to retest x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

That happened to me last time I was pregnant. Mine was a cheap one and I got a negative, threw it in the bin and looked at it a day later and there was a faint line...
Def re- test and wait! Good luck!
Xxx

Last edited:
That happened to me last time I was pregnant. Mine was a cheap one and I got a negative, threw it in the bin and looked at it a day later and there was a faint line...
Xxx

Mine was a cheapie blue line test from Sainsbury's...how long after did you retest to be sure? xx

Think it was about 3 days later because I did a re-test, got a positive (which I had to wait a few min to show up) so I got the other one and it had two lines on and had been in my bin for 2-3 days!
Xxx

Think it was about 3 days later because I did a re-test, got a positive (which I had to wait a few min to show up) so I got the other one and it had two lines on and had been in my bin for 2-3 days!
Xxx

Oh wow! Thats crazy! I've just been having a look on google & other forums, and alot of people have had the same thing but it turned out it was an evaporation line, but i thought if the one test had a line, and it was an evaporation line, surely the other test would too...i think it's making me think it's a positive more because it was the morning test that came back with a faint line xx

Yeah it was pretty mad, I didnt know too much about tests as it was the first time I fell pregnant but it was there and I was pregnant. I would def re-test...
Xxx

Yeah it was pretty mad, I didnt know too much about tests as it was the first time I fell pregnant but it was there and I was pregnant. I would def re-test...
Xxx

Thanks, i feel like i'm going crazy..ive read about evaporation lines, and from what i can tell...evaporation lines are colourless, whereas this faint line is definitely blue, same as the bigger line xxx

I'd never trust a blue dye test, their evaps tend to have colour. I'd retest with a pink dye such as frer x

Well I know the ones I do have pink lines in them and the cheapie ones have never failed me yet! I agree with cosmic girl too I've heard a lot of folk say about clear blue...
Xxx

well the one i did was a cheap sainsburys one, not a clear blue. but apparently they dont pick up on lower levels of hcg, whereas the more expensive digital tests, and first response do xx

http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/+.html

I answred your post on the ttc board, but look at the pics on this website showing the same tests after time, they have blue cross lines on them and they were negative.

I hope you get the answer you want, I would re-test in the morning with a pink dye test or digital.

Like others said though it is normal not to have af at all on cerazette, and my bbs always look like I am pregnant while I am on it, lol.

Quick update ladies:
brought two home preg tests today. Took one about half an hour ago & this test came out negative..will take the other in morn as obviously hcg levels are higher in morning urine, but i'm thinking maybe it really is a negative...
Feeling strangely sad about this, rather than relieved. Myself & partner were not trying for a baby, but over the past few days i have grown to the idea.. :( x

I'm a big believer in what's meant to be is meant to be... I hope this time is meant for you hun but if it's not a positive your time will come. :)
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back