24week abortions

change of subject but.... there should defo be a rule on how many abortions some one is alowed, a girl i no has had 5 :shock: because the pill makes her fat! :roll: she was questioned on her 5th asked if she was on the pill she said no but she wil go on it now :twisted:

and NO she still aint on it, she uses the pull out method :shakehead:

im not against early abortions but more then 2 theres no need for it!

lauramum01 said:
dionne said:
a girl i no has had 5 :shock:

:shock: :shock:
what about the guy? isnt she worried about getting diseases?

i dont think its ever crossed her mind :shock:
last month she slept with 4 different guys, her main reason for having an abortion is she wont no who the dad is :talkhand:

thats just not healthy. One day she is going to meet someone and want to have kids and either is going to have a bad std or isnt going to be able to have kids. It cant be good for her body having all these abortions.

lauramum01 said:
thats just not healthy. One day she is going to meet someone and want to have kids and either is going to have a bad std or isnt going to be able to have kids. It cant be good for her body having all these abortions.

its just not right!

when will they refuse her an abortion??? will they let it carry on forever?

when will they refuse her an abortion??? will they let it carry on forever?

I doubt they can refuse you maybe when she actually decides she wants and has a baby she will realise what she has done! maybe its ignorance on her part.

I appreciate wanting to bring down the legal limit for abortion but at the same time it is a very small percent and those are likely to be those things like rape/medical etc so maybe there is no need?

as i sed both my sis and weestars daughter adele was born at 28 weeks and ther both doing gr8 :D

We were in a situation where we had problems with the anomaly scan at 20 weeks. We were advsied to terminate and had 2 weeks to make the decision. My gut instinct told me that everything was going to be ok, and luckily it was, but had I not had that gut instinct, I don't think I could have gone through with the pregnancy, knowing I had a brain dead vegetable inside me.

Tracy how could they get some thing like that wrong :shock:

thank god you trusted your gut feeling

my mum was told that i had cerebal palsy wen she was PG and told to terminate, at 20 weeks thankfully she didnt

They didn't really get it wrong - he only had half the brain mass he should have done - the reservoirs of fluid inside his brain were swollen and squashing his brain up.

We went to the Little Chef on the way home from the consultants appointment, and there was a little girl there with hydrocephalus - she was just the same as what the consultant told us Callum would be like. I didn't see the little girls disabilities though - all I saw was the way she looked at her mum, and the way her mum looked at her, and I knew we'd be okay. That little girl was like a sign to us - god I sound like a right freak :?

If we hadn't seen her, I think we'd probably have gone ahead with a termination at 23 weeks - at least the option was there for us. With all the other things that went wrong with the pregnancy, and the problems we've had since, I wonder if we should have :( . But we love Callum to bits - he's our little miracle, even if he is hard work sometimes.

Anyway, this is totally off topic now, so I'm shutting up before I start bawling

tracyM said:
We were in a situation where we had problems with the anomaly scan at 20 weeks. We were advsied to terminate and had 2 weeks to make the decision. My gut instinct told me that everything was going to be ok, and luckily it was, but had I not had that gut instinct, I don't think I could have gone through with the pregnancy, knowing I had a brain dead vegetable inside me.

What totaly idiots for getting it so wrong.
You must have been beside yourselves.

Im a massive believer in fate and I think it played a huge part in you chose to keep your child. See you were meant to go to little chef lol

bubble_dreamer said:
i think it should stay as it is. BUT i think it should only be able to be done up to 12 weeks unless it is for extreme circumstances, for example health implications to the mother or baby.

I agree with that :)

Rachel xx

My OH was shocked that they do them up untill 24 weeks, but he says its the womans who has to chose to abort it and its her that is going to have to live with what she has done if there was nothing wrong with the baby. He says if there is something wrong with the baby he could see why they would have an abortion, but not if the baby is okay.

I think it is a womans choice, everyone has their own circumstances and everyone will have to live with their decision, but I personally couldn't do it. Maybe if the child were disabled, but not any other reason

Ok - firstly my reasons are personal. Jacob started kicking at about 21wks and he was very active - i just don't like to think of an active, healthy baby being terminated like its an inhuman thing.

Saying that there are reasons i guess eg, if the baby was conceived in awful circumstances and the mother changes her mind for her own mental well-being, if the mother has previously been forced to carry the child, if money/housing/support becomes a serious issue and the child cannot be raised in a satisfactory environment and so on.

But i think that by the second scan if not the first you should know whether you really want a baby. :)

I would like to think that I would never have an aborton and thankfully i have never had to make a difficult decision like that.
Just remember the people who do it have to live with their decision!! and it is not up to us to judge them. With 2 children now if I was told the baby I was carrying was severely disabled (this is hypothetical as I am not pregnant) I don't know what I would do as motherhood is a difficult job as it is.

Tough one. I definately don't agree with it as a form of contraception, hopefully the mother would have realised before she got to that stage that she was pregnant. In extreme medical circumstances then I think it's up to the mother. I do think that for general circumstances (i.e. the baby is healthy) it should definately be brought forward. I remember how excited I was to get to that stage of my pregnancy (24 weeks) as Ella was considered viable.

There was a case a while back about a mother aborting her baby very late on due to it having a cleft palate. I didn't agree with that :( I know it was up to the mother but that is something that can be sorted out easily in this day and age. I think the mother wanted to as she had suffered one and had been bullied at school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back