24week abortions

I read that, it was terible and I agree completely unecessary

i have said yes i dont believe abortions should be offered at this late a stage but on the other hand it should also go on peoples individual circumstances so :? :? :? difficult one this xxxxxx

rach said:
i have said yes i dont believe abortions should be offered at this late a stage but on the other hand it should also go on peoples individual circumstances so :? :? :? difficult one this xxxxxx

i agreed rach it should be done on a case by case basis

i think it all depends on why u want to abort if somethings wrong or u were abused or raped then yes u should be able to

I have taken the morning after pill and god forbid if I was ever raped I would take it. Saying that I do not agree with abortions. Is this hypocritical? I don't know myself to be honest.

As far as disabilities go my nephew is disabled and in my opinion he has just as much right to live as any one else walking this earth.

I think its a subject that is very hard to have a strong opinion on unless you know all the facts and can make an informed judgement.

I know very little about abortions (through my own choosing) because its a subject that is almost too horrific to think about unless you are in a situation where it would directly affect you.

Lou :)

i think it should be. only because if some one doesnt want the baby, they dont want it. and i belive that if some one isnt going to bring up there child and love it then it shouldnt be brought into the world. Iv seen it from both sides of the fence so i dont want any one to think im being nasty.
I have friends that were abandend at birth and have spent most of there lives trying to commit suicide. (which isnt really a valid reason to say there right but i think it should be the mothers choice!) :cry: very sad topic though.

And my mum found out at 24 weeks that i would be born with disabilities and was thinking of an abortion and i was born perfect! 8)

Has anyone got this months Mother & Baby magazine? There is an article about prem babies including one born at 25 weeks, seeing that really makes it hit home how developed a 24 week baby is. :(

I know of a baby born at 22-23 weeks, her mother was showing signs of severe eclampsia and was told she had to have an abortion or she would die. The little girl was born but the nurse who delivered her decided to try and put a line in. It worked first time and now this amazing little girl is 2 and has virtually no problems except being a little small.

I personally would not and could not do it. I think the limit should be brought down for personal resons to 18 weeks. For severe medical conditions a baby can be aborted at any time in the pregnancy, even past 24 weeks.

It's a tough one which no one will ever agree on. My DF would abort if we had a downs child where I would not. Disability means nothing to me. if I knew my child would have absolutely no quality of life then I wouldn't go ahead, simply because it would be crucifying to watch them suffer day in and day out.

Hard one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back