A boy called It

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Has anybody read it? OMG, Im only a few chapters in but it is horrifying. The poor child :cry: I really hope both his parents were punished. Dont spoil it for me tho if you have read it :shhh:

I have read it, its awful isnt it and its true, how anyone could do that to another human being let alone their own child.

ive read it but havent read a man called dave (ithink thats what the sequel is called)

ive read all the one's he wrote all brought me close to tears
excellent books
manda xx

I have read this lots of times it is a fantastic book. You don't realise families like this exist.

i read this one and a few after and thought they were all brilliant, but then I began to get a little fed up of them, a bit depressing, there are so many books out there now which are full of horrific stories!

A good one I liked was "where it all went right!" the author was so fed up with stories of bad chidhoods that he wrote a book about a normal childhood, the author was from northants (where I live) so it was all the better as mentioned some places I used to go to!

Appaently his case of child abuse was one of the worse noted...

If you read this book I must suggest you read the lost boy and a man Named Dave...

Bloody fantastic!!! And puts it actually changed my perception on life after reading those books!!

Steelgoddess said:
Appaently his case of child abuse was one of the worse noted...

If you read this book I must suggest you read the lost boy and a man Named Dave...

Bloody fantastic!!! And puts it actually changed my perception on life after reading those books!!
the book i have has all 3 stories in

missac said:
i read this one and a few after and thought they were all brilliant, but then I began to get a little fed up of them, a bit depressing, there are so many books out there now which are full of horrific stories!

A good one I liked was "where it all went right!" the author was so fed up with stories of bad chidhoods that he wrote a book about a normal childhood, the author was from northants (where I live) so it was all the better as mentioned some places I used to go to!

i think although a child called it was very deep it was a positive story in the end because it came to show how although a child could be so badly abused they can grow up to become successful and go on to lead a successful life.

I also feel these books can be helpful to those that have been abused to know there are others out there that have come out the other side and lead a positive life.

xx

ive read it very good and very sad...read all the sequals to it as well there just as good.

I have read them found them sickening at times to read. Sad to think that those things still go on I am sure. At least it was a positive story at the end.

the boys brother has now written his version of their childhoos with their mother, keep planning on reading it, will find some time soon :rotfl:

read the book about the magdelin laundries in ireland if you think that book was horrible, it alot more upsetting, i will look what the title is and let u know.

Parayso that isn't the one called the light in the window or something like that - about the girls who had children out of wedlock?

Iread it.I don't really like books like that as a rule ("Daddy please Don't" :shock: ) but I thought it was very good

I have read all of David Peltzers books, and read his brothers book also. So so bad what they had to go through.
I also have read the book about the magdelen (sp?) laundries. It is quite horrible to think these things go on but they do.

Steelgoddess said:
Yeah i can see that some can be a bit much...
x

I think as long as they are well written,they're OK,but my cousin is addicted to them,and from what I've seen,a lot seem to be sensationalist nonsense :shock: On saying that I read one a while ago,can't remember what it was called but it was about the abuse from Christian Brothers,and although it was pretty graphic,it was a really powerful book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back