A boy called It

Freya said:
Parayso that isn't the one called the light in the window or something like that - about the girls who had children out of wedlock?

I've got that book!! It's awful how that horrid nun made the girls give birth etc. Can't believe it happened.

If anyone wants to borrow it I'll make it a 'floating' book!!

zebrastripes said:
wait,they still have magdalen laundries?I never knew that :shock:

No they dont exist anymore but correct me if i am wrong the last one was only shut down a couple decades ago according to the book.

soulem said:
Freya said:
Parayso that isn't the one called the light in the window or something like that - about the girls who had children out of wedlock?

I've got that book!! It's awful how that horrid nun made the girls give birth etc. Can't believe it happened.

If anyone wants to borrow it I'll make it a 'floating' book!!

I read that one too :(

charlie84 said:
zebrastripes said:
wait,they still have magdalen laundries?I never knew that :shock:

No they dont exist anymore but correct me if i am wrong the last one was only shut down a couple decades ago according to the book.

That's what I thought,early seventies or something wasn't it?My friends gran was shoved into something like that,it wasn't a laundry but something similar.She took care of her son for 6 months until he was adopted.She didn't see him til he was about 35

zebrastripes said:
That's what I thought,early seventies or something wasn't it?My friends gran was shoved into something like that,it wasn't a laundry but something similar.She took care of her son for 6 months until he was adopted.She didn't see him til he was about 35

Yep something like that, would look at the book but its in the loft, was forced to store the majority of my book collection in there as i have too many to display, plus cant be bothered to dust them :lol:

charlie84 said:
zebrastripes said:

Yep something like that, would look at the book but its in the loft, was forced to store the majority of my book collection in there as i have too many to display, plus cant be bothered to dust them :lol:

Tell me about it :( Still,would hate to get rid of my books,sooo

zebrastripes said:
Tell me about it :( Still,would hate to get rid of my books,sooo

Yep OH wants me to get rid of them, says i have already read them so why do i need them now :x

Will probably go through them before babies due and take some to the charity shop.

I am currently reading 'Belle De Jour' and 'Glamour', i flit between the two depending on mood.

natalie&jake said:
Has anybody read it? OMG, Im only a few chapters in but it is horrifying. The poor child :cry: I really hope both his parents were punished. Dont spoil it for me tho if you have read it :shhh:

I have read all his books.

his dad dies and his mother ends up a sad and lonely old git.
poetic justice i say.

I read them all, not a fan though, thought he became very patronising in his later books. But am glad he managed to turn his life around and help others. However I detest the books written buy people who have worked with victims of neglect/abuse etc etc like Tory Hayden (?) to me its making money out of misery.

budge said:
natalie&jake said:
Has anybody read it? OMG, Im only a few chapters in but it is horrifying. The poor child :cry: I really hope both his parents were punished. Dont spoil it for me tho if you have read it :shhh:

poetic justice i say.

Oh thanks for spoiling it for me :talkhand: :(

I agree Beanie I read some of Tori Hayden books but have a feeling that certain things are sensationalised for her to make money

beanie said:
I read them all, not a fan though, thought he became very patronising in his later books. But am glad he managed to turn his life around and help others. However I detest the books written buy people who have worked with victims of neglect/abuse etc etc like Tory Hayden (?) to me its making money out of misery.

i agree with that

natalie&jake said:
budge said:
[quote="natalie&jake":2fxyelg3]Has anybody read it? OMG, Im only a few chapters in but it is horrifying. The poor child :cry: I really hope both his parents were punished. Dont spoil it for me tho if you have read it :shhh:

poetic justice i say.

Oh thanks for spoiling it for me :talkhand: :([/quote:2fxyelg3]

oh sorry. :( :doh:

I've read it and a few tori haydens. I love real life books, read so many.
One of the worst I've read is 'The little prisoner' by Jane Elliot and Ugly by Cupcake Brown. They are shocking

I have read the Tori Hayden books and Dave Pelzer books - when you have worked with abused people (used to in the past) it makes you relise that not all stories are made up, some are difficult to believe but unfortunately things like that really do happen. Also sometimes the truth is distorted a little as people try to block out what really happened and it is the only way they know how to deal with it.

I think its good that authors feel that they are able to write about their experiences and hopefully help other people

Hope you enjoy the read

I've read all of these and sobbed through most of them but they are good books :)

I read it about 4 years ago and it has always stuck in my mind. I never remember books and what was in them but I remember every detail about that book.

once i finished harry potter im reading Ugly by Cupcake Brown

is it good?

paradysso said:
once i finished harry potter im reading Ugly by Cupcake Brown

is it good?

The whole time Im like this :shock: very sad

Im not far enough in yet to find out about his moral victory etc but from peoples posts it seems that is what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back