Any Ideas ........evening dresses!

lisaspoon

Reaction score
Hi all!

Any help/advice appreciated! I have 3 weddings in October (on weekends one after the other!) and I will be 24 weeks so I thought it best to wait until then to get a dress as I didn't know how big my tum will be!

Basically I havent got a clue where to look! I dont want to spend a huge amount...... will a "normal" dress (not maternity!) be ok if my bump isnt too large? Will it look odd!?!?

help!

Hi Lisa

I brought a gorgeous dress from Peacocks last weekend, it cost £16. It's black, just below the knee length and double layered at the bottom, short puffed sleeves, with a lace trim. You could brighten it up with jewellery/shrug/jacket or something, it's a real bargin and really doesn't look like it was that cheap. It also has a tie up bow at the back to increase in size with your bump.

You can get a way with a range of styles even with a bump without an expensive maternity specific dress. I had a full lenght evening gown which had a deep V at the back and some lyrca in the fabric which was well suited to a bump and fitted fine. Empire lines would also work. I think a "normal" dress would only be odd if it makes the hemline uneven. I would get shopping and see whats about - you can always leave it then a few weeks before you make a final choice.

I was 37 weeks last time at a wedding and wore a 'normal' dress. It got loads of compliments! I just chose an empire line style with a seam under the bust - and wore a pashmina! Only thing was my feet were so swollen i had to also wear flip flops!! tra la la

Try new look maternity they have 3 or four GORGEOUS dresses and all £30 or less!!

I had a family wedding last weekend and bought a maxi dress from New Look and a normal dress from Bravissimo. I felt the Maxi Dress made me look like I was wearing a tent, plus my boobies are a bit veiny, so I avoided that and went for the Bravissimo dress, which I was really happy with (its cream with pink polka dots and really flattering).

i went to a wedding when i was 24 weeks and bought my dress in H&M. normal size but it was a maxi dress, elastic around the boobs and then long to the floor, i dressed it up with a comfy thin waist belt and big chunky jewellery it looked lovely and only cost me £29. maxi dress all the way, they are so bump flattering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back