Anyone have positive experience trying to breastfeed??

Urchin said:
we don't all start threads saying how well we are doing with the feeding, but many of us are doing great :D

Well said :clap:

Valentine Xxx

Don't be put off by other people's bad experiences. Even if I had known how difficult it would/could be, I'd still have tried. I'm so pleased that even after a bad experience at first, that I continued and we both enjoy it very much now. :)

My experience has been great too - we had some inital problems in the first week which meant I had to use nipple sheild (my nipples are too small it seems :roll: )

Now he feeds without them sometimes but I am using them and hope to get rid of them soon but if I don't then I'll keep on using them. He's getting fed so I don't mind.

He is on the breast for about half an hour then has the second one. Takes a good hour to an hour and a half to feed him :lol:

I'm planning on expressing soon too so that other people can help to feed him. Finlay has a dummy and the nipple sheilds and has had a bottle in the first week so we don't have any problems with that.

I just wanted to say I have had very few problems either. My duaghter latched on very quickly and I have been very lucky, I did not get the painful engorgement or bleeding nipples.
I have had slightly sore nipples now and again, but a bit of Lanisoh cream sorts it - it has never been unbareable.
I REALLY love breastfeeding! I sometimes wonder if I am doing it often enough, producing enough milk etc etc etc and it is sometimes hard when you are the one that HAS to get up everytime in the night, but the overwhelming feeling of closeness and doing something wonderful for your child makes it worth it.

I loved breastfeeding. Yes it hurt, yes it was hard and yes I wanted to give up on more than one occasion, but I ended up feeding my son until he was nearly 1 and I can only see it as a positive experience. I'll definitely be breastfeeding this next baby, I'm looking forward to it!

If you're prepared for it to be hard to begin with you're actually in a better position than most people who think it's going to be easy, as you can prepare for it and know that what you're experiencing is completely normal. :hug: And then if it is easy you get a nice surprise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back