Dropping a breastfeed

Lisamj

Reaction score
Hi,

Sam is breastfed for the most part, but for his 10.30pm feed I express just before and then top it up with formula. However, I only seem to be able to ever get 1 or 2oz at the most when expressing as I find myself very empty by the end of the day. I'm thinking about dropping the expressing altogether and giving him that last feed as just formula.

If I do this, will it affect my milk production for the other feeds (which are 7am, 11am, 2.30pm and 6pm).

Thanks

Lisa xx

Hhmm not really sure whether it will affect your milk for the other feeds but have you tried building up a stock of expressed milk during the day so that you have enough for the evening feed? This is what I do. I try and express after I have fed Maia in the morning, I normally get 1oz from the boob she just fed from and then I take 1oz from the other boob cause its usually very full, then I express from the boob I feed her from after every feed. When I then express at 10:30pm I usually have a full 70z feed and a sometimes a good 2-3 oz to freeze. If I dont get chance to express during the day then I know I always have stock in the freezer to make up a full feed.

Great advice from Charlie but if you do stop expressing at that time it won't affect your supply at the other meal times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back