Are really light periods OK?

sally12

Reaction score
Hi gals

Just wondering if anyone else out there has REALLY light periods?

I have had light periods for years now. For example, during my period this month I only used 2 'light' tampons and pantyliners (sorry TMI)

About a year and a half ago (when I was still on the pill) I went to the doc about them. I was concerned that it might mean that I was unable to hold a baby as my lining would not be thick enough.

The doc told me (female doc) that I should count myself lucky as most women she sees complain about their periods being too heavy! She said just to enjoy it...but I cant help feeling that it makes sense that a healthy woman would have normal periods??????

Does enyone else have any experience of this?

Thanks for any help...

Your doc wasn't very helpful wa she? I wonder sometimes why people do the job when they are so abrubt :roll:

Are your cycles regular? I have read that light periods can be a sign of low progesterone but not sure hun.

Hia. Since I came off the pill my cycles have been:

...so not that regular I guess!

The doc really was not v sensitive! Got the impression that she suffered from heavy periods herself!

I think I will google 'light periods' and see what comes up about hormones...google will probably tell me that I have a rare incurable disease from Africa or something! :D

x x

Hi Sally --

I have the same thing. I have been having spotting as my period. Sometimes for 4 days, just to say.... or sometimes one day. My cycles are from 21, 29, 31, ... and this month I have ovulated early on the 18th.

I had thought the same thing. That it might cause prob with TTC. But after seeing a couple of doctors. They had indicated that by being off the pill a yr ago, and by being on it for soooo long. That maybe I might be just an irregular person. That spotting just might be my period.
So... I am taking it like it might be normal, just to ease my mind.

I wouldn’t stress over it too much Sally. But I understand how stressful it can be.... wanting it to happen so badly. And most docs won’t talk about fertility testing until about 1-2 yrs of TTC.

Wishing you the best.

Jlee

Hi Jlee

Thanks for your post. I will try to be be too concerned about it! I was on the pill for over 8 years so perhaps this has something to do with it. They were light when I was on the pill (which suited me just fine!) but I just thought they would go back to normal when I came off it...perhaps time will tell!

This TTC malarchy is such a waiting game! :(

Thanks again x

Mine were very very light and very very irregular. My first baby was a total surprise to us, so I have no idea how long it would have taken us to concieve if we were trying :? We then ttc for 5 years and eventually got there and have been blessed with another beautiful daughter.

So.... just to reassure you, despite light and irregular periods, it was still possible for us, albeit later than we'd hoped. Don't give up hope :)

Good luck to you :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back