**August Mummy's**

I am so tired! Brooke has decided she wants to eat 2oz every 2 hours through the night and I am zonked! She's a total tinker though as at her 6am feed she guzzled 4oz, then 2 hours later screeched for another 1oz - growth spurt?

Typically now she's asleep when I want to get her ready to go out! X

Jen, Flynn has been just as bad recently! he'll have 4oz then dose for about 20mins then wake up wanting up to another 3oz :shock: though once he's full he'll sleep for up to 5hours, though he slept for 6hours last night!
i'm hoping he gets enough food in his belly by 1pm as i need to get ready to go out and got his registration appointment at 2:30 :)

Saw Rileys dad in town yesterday he looked right at me and turned and walked away as fast as he could. He didnt even look at his son :roll:

Spice, we have seriously hungry babies!

Emerald - that's awful :hugs: x

EmeraldRose - your defiantly better off without him then!

i wonder sometimes if i should really keep giving him more after he's had the "recommended" amount, but its the only thing he ever cries for and so when he's crying and has his hand in his mouth what else can i do?!? literately just gave him 4oz (the recommended amount) and down it all goes and within 5 mins he's crying for more, down goes another oz!

has anyone else's LO started really fighting against going to sleep during the day? Flynn used to be so good but he's started to only have one sleep that lasts more than 1hour during the day now and i don't know if i should be worried or not?! x

Spice - Brooke is demand fed & like Flynn she only cries when she's hungry. I think at this stage they are going through a growth spurt so it's unfair to deprive them IMO. Brooke will have 3-4oz (or 2oz like last night, although sometimes she does pick in the day) then cry for more, so we give it to her, she'll normally only take an extra 1oz but it makes her a lot happier. Everyone comments on how content she is too so I'm obviously doing something right.

Can't help with the sleep though, although Brooke's feeds dictate her sleep. If she's well fed she'll sleep & sleep. X

Thats great news about getting the all clear Jen, that's one thing less to worry about :) x

Poppy seemed to have a "I want to feed every 1 - 2 hours" phase when she was 2 weeks, it was exhausting! Thankfully she seems to be sleeping from around midnight to 5 or 6am now which is great, but I have a feeling it won't last (the HV warned me about a huge growth spurt at 6 weeks - yippee :shock:)

I don't mind really, she's worth all the exhaustion! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Lulu :) Poppy sounds so good sleeping that long! I'm jealous! Brooke was much better last night - we gave her a bath & I've started swaddling her and she sleeps so well for a good three hours! She last fed at 1130pm and only woke at 3.00am and then again at 540am - hoping we can get her back down to one night feed though. X

charlie feeds all the time too, i seem to walk around with my boob constantly out, hehe

i am having trouble getting him to settle in his cot, he wants to sleep with me all the time.... anything i can try which has worked for you guys?

charlie feeds all the time too, i seem to walk around with my boob constantly out, hehe

i am having trouble getting him to settle in his cot, he wants to sleep with me all the time.... anything i can try which has worked for you guys?

I would say a dummy but if you're breastfeeding then that's not ideal. I know a lot of people are against dummies, but if Poppy gets grizzly or fussy for no reason, a dummy calms her straight away, and I definitely find it helps her at night (plus she seems to be a thumb sucker, and I'd rather her have a dummy than suck her thumb & cause jaw/dental problems).

Apart from that, there is swaddling which makes them feel safe, or try placing your hand on his tummy just so he knows you're there :)

Last edited:
i have nothing against dummies, but don't want to confuse him as i am indeed BFing.
the hand on tummy seems to antagonise him more, and not sure about swaddling, as i have read mixed reports on its safety at night... is it because you should keep baby's arms free?

maybe i am worrying too much, after all, he is only 8 days old.

I have tried swaddling the last couple of days (forcing Brookes arms in!) and it's brilliant. Brooke sleeps like a dream. She can still get out as I often find her wriggling out the blanket at 5am for her feed - babies are surprisingly strong!
But for sleeping, I wrap her up & give her a big cuddle while still wrapped up so she's all warm, the blanket is warm etc then put her down - I think sometimes putting them down into a cold basket/cot can upset them. X

i'd been having this problem with Flynn. i'd say the coldness of the cot defiantly has a impact. and also read about putting a t-shirt that you've worn in the cot with them, though i'm not sure on how safe that would really be, but could put it in and rub it against sheet a bit and then take it out before you put Charlie in. making the cot smell like you to reassure him!

well Flynn was a very good big boy last night . . . he slept from around 11:30pm till 7am where he was in very light sleep till 8am :shock: i'm completely not expecting him to do it again for a while but it was nice to have a full nights sleep!

LuLu - our little ones are 4 weeks old today, its so mad how quick its gone! do think its nice that they share a birthday though! birthday buddies!!!

Jen - what clothes do you put Brooke in to sleep in when you swaddle her, i would worry that he would get to hot! xx

Jen - what clothes do you put Brooke in to sleep in when you swaddle her, i would worry that he would get to hot! xx

Just a sleep suit and nappy. And I use a thinnish blanket as it gets wrapped round, but only once. But she seems to like it. And I don't do it that tight - well I think I do it relatively tight but I often find Brooke has wriggled her way out when she's hungry! I said to the HV that I'd started to do it and she said it deffo does help.

We've also started giving her a little bath as well each night so I don't know if it's the combination of bath & swaddling that's helping her go off, but she slept from 9.30pm to 1.30am last night, then again until 5.30am then again until 9.30am - result!

i might give swaddling a go then, i will ask my HV to show me how on wednesday.

charlie got weighed today and has put on 200g in 5 days, woohoo! he is my little piggy ... oink oink

i didn't manage to make it to the drop in clinic this week :( but attempted to weigh myself then re-weigh while holding Flynn, and from that it put him at about 9lb 4oz :shock: he was only 8lb 11oz last week! he also slept really well again last night, put him down at 1:30am and he was asleep till 7am :) he's being really nice letting me have uninterrupted sleep for 2 night running!

Oh my I've just discovered this thread... J was 6weeks yday.. time has flown by so fast! Will b Going for our 6week check next well as the female doc will b in then.
I find that he fights sleep during the day too.. will only sleep if I cuddle him, then as soon as i put him down he would wake up 10mins later. But luckily he sleeps well at night, he will sleep by 10 wakeup between 2-3 then between 4-5.. some nights he will only wake up st 3 but then there nights like last night where he slept 10-5, was nice gettin some sleep... Do u bath the baby every night? Also who here is breastfeeding or mixed feeding?how's it going? I'm very tempted to change to formula feeding, j always makes hungry faces at me even after 10mins I duno what to do :'( can't have him on the boob.all the time

Oh my I've just discovered this thread... J was 6weeks yday.. time has flown by so fast! Will b Going for our 6week check next well as the female doc will b in then.
I find that he fights sleep during the day too.. will only sleep if I cuddle him, then as soon as i put him down he would wake up 10mins later. But luckily he sleeps well at night, he will sleep by 10 wakeup between 2-3 then between 4-5.. some nights he will only wake up st 3 but then there nights like last night where he slept 10-5, was nice gettin some sleep... Do u bath the baby every night? Also who here is breastfeeding or mixed feeding?how's it going? I'm very tempted to change to formula feeding, j always makes hungry faces at me even after 10mins I duno what to do :'( can't have him on the boob.all the time

hey hun, i was breastfeeding but had to give up :cry: really miss it! J might just want comfort, have you tried a dummy? Flynn has been really good with his sleeping, for nearly a week now he's been sleeping from about 11pm till 7am :) i don't bath him every night, but do try to keep to the same routine, same with first thing in the morning! though he dose much prefer to fall asleep on me during the day than in his moses basket, it takes him forever to self settle in his moses basket so i tend to get him to pretty much asleep then put him in it!

hope everyone's well x

whats his routine like?? i feed on demand so theres no routine, but i noticed he usually doses off by 10pm.. i thought maybe to start noting what times he feed, how long he feeds, sleep etc.
i really dont want to give up but feel so tempted, but then when the thought of changing him to bottle comes to mind i start feeling guilty :(
ive tried dummy, the cherry shaped ones and the other types, he just doesnt take them! And he so cheeky, he never burps when i try wind him, but as soon as i put him down he'll start struggling.
ive noticed i spend my whole day sitting by him and getting nothing done, as soon as he lets out a peep i pick him up.. ive been told to just leave him to it and only really pick him up if he starts crying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back