Bad pain but higher up in stomach...I think???

clucky77

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I might be being paranoid, but I am having really bad stomach pain... it is pain and stitch like... it is quite high- just below where my ribs end. Is that anything to worry about?

I am really bloated so hoping it's just that.

Any thoughts?

May well be trapped wind if you are feeling bloated. I'd wait a bit and see if it passes. Maybe try a few wind relieving tricks if you want.

I can remember having trapped wind, indigestion badly in first tri and it was painful and annoying. And high up to down low :roll: :wall:

whenever I get trapped wind it's in the exact place you describe.... chewable Rennies do the trick :wink:

Hi,

I have had exactly the same pain all night, lay awake all night worried, its a constant dull pain like ive been kicked in the stomach then sharper stiitch like pains anywhere from under my ribs to lower down.

I was going to ring the epu today and see what they say/

Thanks
karen

karen1969 said:
Hi,

I have had exactly the same pain all night, lay awake all night worried, its a constant dull pain like ive been kicked in the stomach then sharper stiitch like pains anywhere from under my ribs to lower down.

I was going to ring the epu today and see what they say/

Chances are its something like trapped wind. The sharper pains sound like the ligament/stretching pains most women get during first tri when everything is making room for baby. Get all kinds of funny tummy things going on in the early weeks of pregnancy.

If you've not had heavy bleeding or severe cramps I'd not worry at this point calling the EPU. I'd call your MW (or GP) if you are worried however :) She is always a good first port of call.

I get trapped wind when ive not been to the loo properly........lots of prickly pains just below ribs like you describe........and a full bowel gives a lot of discomfort lower left..........ive been taking fibregel.......deffinately sorted the problem :) .........worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back