Before we have our baby, I want to...

LikeJohnnYoko

Reaction score
Naturally this section is a bit quiet because it's a waiting room. I thought I'd ask if any of you have things you want to achieve before you start TTC?

I am hoping to lose a little bit of weight before we start trying. Every week I say I will start my diet on Monday but its not happened yet haha! Is there anything you want to achieve? x

i don't know if it counts but i want to get a grant in at work, its a big thing and would mean i could go for promotion if i can get something substantial. i'd love to have it before having an LO, it would set me on track for maintaining my research once a LO comes along which will be a challenge!

It's not really something I personally need to achieve, but OH has to finish his degree! I also want to have saved around £2000 for general baby-related expenditure. Lizzie had mostly hand-me-downs and I would like the freedom next time to buy the new baby nice things :)

I also want to get my flat tummy back in between kids as it will then be easier to 'reclaim' my body when I'm done :lol:

i need to loose weight to get back to my clothes, now how i put on weight is a completely different story...
i need to finish with my final consultant exams and that implies a hell lot of studying that i am too lazy and busy to do
i need to finish the grand and never apply again on a new one such an energy draining lol hint hint dysco, think again lol before you submit one...it can drain your soul for the next 3-5 years....
i want to find a new consultant job mostly so we move to a different region that we prefer
i want to be a phd student but for that i need a hell lot of money and we need to move....

so....

i decided that if i wait for all those to happen first i will be 50 year old or sth lol so i may as well go ahead and have an LO until then...especially with the idea oh how hard is to actually get a sticky healthy bean....

I want to have saved more money. I want to have taught for 3 years at the school I'm working at. I want to make sure I've been supplementing my diet properly and eating really healthily for at least 3 months (I'm a gluten intolerant VEGAN!).
I want to have been taking folic acid for a couple of months.
I'd love to actually buy baby stuff but people don't really do that before trying so I don't suppose I will. I want to have maybe put on a little bit of weight. I'm a cross country coach - I'm thinking I better stop the running once I am pregnant - any thoughts on this anyone?
I'm looking to move to buy a 2 bedroom flat in bristol in 2 years time, by which point hopefully I'll have a baby.

Last edited:
Hi babycrazy,
There is a book called 'Running for Women' and that has a whole chapter on continuing to run when pregnant. Sounds like it would be ok early on - others may have more experience on this topic on the forum though. I think it depends on how you feel; a friend of mine had to stop running early on because of morning sickness (constantly). It would be wise to consult your GP though i think just incase they think there is any reason YOU should not continue.

hi ladies, to all of u who say u want to lose weight before ttc i can really recommend the dukan diet. I have about 3 stone to lose, have been on dukan for 3 weeks and have lost 10lbs. Its really easy to follow and u never have to be hungry cos u can eat as much as u want of the allowed foods (that was always my downfall when dieting, i cant stand being hunrgry!) anyway just thought id share that cos i really feel i can lose all my weight this way! they do the book 'the dukan diet' in morrisons for £6 which tells u all u need to know x

Hey ladies :wave:

Just thought I'd pop in as I was a TTC'er then I moved over to being a WTT'er & now I'm neither, I'm just a loiterer :lol:

What I will say though is as much as you want babies, do as much as you can whilst you can

I had a big, big wake up call & have never been happier then making the decision to put things completely on hold, ok slightly different for those of you who have set dates

I had a massive debt of £12k at the beginning of the year & started paying back in April, I have now paid off more then half

Me & the OH are planning 4 trips away next year then start saving for a deposit for a house & can then be able to rent out flat out then we will have children

Whatever you want to achieve can be done, it's an amazing feeling

xxxxx

It is definitely necessary for me to lose some weight, and I would like to get our debts reduced too.

We're pretty much where we want to be.

I've given up smoking, lost 20lbs and we've got almost £6k saved. We are debt free (credit cards and student loan paid off), we've just had a lovely holiday together. We are raring to go ... although I just cannot seem to stay pregnant !

OH has said to me though that we need to make the most of this time just the two of us as we'll never have it again.

So after 2 M/C's I am trying my hardest to appreciate "us" - although we both really want us to become "us 3" as soon as we can :shock:

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
CARNAT - don't forget to enjoy being 'you' as well - have lots of pamper time while you can!
Hope you get your sticky baby soon xxx

We HAVE to move to a bigger house as we are only in a 2 bed now so that is a must.
We are working on clearing our debs and are 1/3rd of the way there this time next year we will be 2/3rds of the way if not more so we will definately be looking to move and then hopefully baby no 2 will be on the way

I want to buy a house and get married before we ttc! Although getting married
Depends on OH popping the question :lol:

I need to loose some weight, i have just been trying to generally eat a lot less and not buy crap... seems to be working so far but i need to keep on it and i think a big key is organisation. I need to be organised enough to eat a bit of breakfast, something for lunch and then make dinner for a reasonable time. I am going to be SO depressed over the next few months that i think its a perfect opportunity for me to get a routine in place and STICK TO IT

otherwise i am worried i will just slump into depression

I am going to go for a run every other night

I would like to have my uterine cysts checked out and probably removed before we TTC, though i am nervous about there being a big long wait also.

Other than that, we are married (skint but hey ho) and just about to move into a perminant three bed (pllleease) council house.

I definitely need to lose some weight now.

My eating is definitely (and really, for the first time) out of control now and that's bad and silly and it's due to depression and now I'm aware of it I have to do something about it. Which is the hard part.

The other things are in the lap of the powers that be, as I can't control whether my health improves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back