birmingham new birthing unit

loulou1980

Reaction score
has anyone had a baby in the unit at the QE.

im asking because our maternity unit might be closing and it will be a choice between qe and worcester,i had my two eldest at the qe as i lived there but at the time it was rather drab, I want to plan ahead so when i do get a definite + i can tell the doc i want the baby there

I've been in there but had to use delivery suite because of complications.

It's GORGEOUS!! Really nice, and a girl I know had a fab water birth there, drinking banana smoothies and chilling out! It's such a nice atmosphere. I was lucky to get a peep. If you're high risk they don't even let you see because everyone will want to go there! :)

thanks darling,ihavent had any complications with previous pregs,so here's hoping :pray:

Don't know about the new unit, but I was born at the QE! Sorry to invade your thread x

loulou, why don't you ask for a tour??

they let you look round the birth centre and delivery suite. It's worth seeing both just on the small chance you may need a doctor.

I was impressed with the level of care on delivery but hated the wards after. It was noisy, dirty and everyone was too busy to help or care much. However, if things are looking good for you, you'll probably be home very soon after, maybe even straight from the birth centre!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back