Blood platelets?

Citygirl1

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Was back for another appt today as i got a letter in saying i had slightly low blood platelets. (142 when they are supposed to be 150). They took more blood today and are going to monitor the levels. Did anyone have this or currently receiving treatment? The doc didn't seem too concerned at this stage but apparently if they drop to a certain level it can then affect the way your blood clots.

Thanks.

I can't personal relate hun but from what I've read up they won't get too concerned over it but will take regular blood tests (fortnightly maybe?).

x

Thanks Wobbles, i thought this post had gone into PF Limbo. Obviously not a hotly discussed topic on here.

I'm not sure on platelets, wonder what they're for? :eh: Hopefully it was a one-off anyway hun x

They are for forming the temporary plug or clot when you hurt yourself and have an open wound.
If you have too many , you are at risk from blood clots, and too few risk your blood not clotting if you have a cut or injury etc.

so pleased they are keeping a close eye on you during pregnancy , incase of bleeding too much at birth, or end up with a section etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back