clear blue fertility monitor?

rosieria

Reaction score
is it worth buying one of the Clear BLue fertility monitors? It is reduced on Amazon but still loads of money!
Does anyone know them to work? Any advice appreciated!

Hi

Not sure if i can give advice or not but i started using the CBFM last month. I never did see my peak (ovulation) but it did display many days with high. This just means you have a greater chance of conceiving.

I think the fact that we could see it displaying high (regardless of it not showing a peak) made us B'D alot more than usual.

Anyway to cut a long story short i'm now pg after first month of using it. We had been ttc for 16 months inc 1 loss.

xxxxxxxxxxx

wow! congrats!
is it hard to use the monitor? how does it work?
thanks!

No its not hard at all.

The instruction booklet makes it sound more complicated than it is.

You press the 'm' button to tell it when you have started your first day of bleeding. Every day you have to switch it on between a 6 hour testing window ie if you first tell you start your period at 9am you have from 6am to 12 noon to pee on the sticks.
It basically informs you of when to pee on the sticks then displays the level of fertility you are at.

For example 1 bar is low 2 bars is High and 3 is Peak (this actually displays an egg symbol although i never got to see it lol)

If you see your peak then that means you will ovulate in next 12 - 36 hours afterwards so basically you b'd like mad lol.

Sorry if this has confused you its difficult for me to get my point over, but it is soooooooo easy to use.

Also beats using regular OPK's as you dont have to wait till the afternoon to pee and your not constantly comparing previous tests to see if they are darker or lighter. The machine does all the hard work for you.

:hug:

We only used it for a month too and we're expecting! After 12 years and failed IVF.
(Dont know how much Amazon are doing them for but will be getting rid of mine soon!)

I didnt use the clearblue fertility monitor I used the persona machine instead. From reading Glittergirls reply the persona works in a very similar way.

The difference with persona is that it is marketed and advertised as a method of contraception so it tells you when it isn't safe to have sex without using contraception by pin pointing when you are ovulating. It was cheaper than the Clearblue I paid £64.99 from boots online and I received free delivery. I also thought I would use the machine as contraception after using it to TTC.

I also got my BFP during the first month of using it, I would recommend it to anyone.

I used the clearblue fertility monitor and got pregnant in the first month :cheer: :cheer: that was after a just over a year TTC with no sucess. Buy one - worth its weight in gold :wink:

xx

i have one but need the test sticks but they are so expensive does anyone know where i can get some for cheep?

mum2b... i will have a look on the internet, they are really expensive i agree. Let me know if you find any and I will do the same. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back