Really want to breastfeed!(update 25.10)

Carina said:
Will he get enought? I was just breastfeeding for about 2 hours non stop (well, he was sucking almoust non stop) and after that he still had 4 oz of formula.
And before I gave him formula he was all grumpy.

he may feedfeed feed for a few days and be a liitle unsettled and hungry but if u want to go back to soley bf YOU WILL HAVE TO BARE WITH IT. IF U GIVE HIM FORMUL soz caps lock you will be fiiling him up with that instead of your milk supply increasing as he feeds frequently.
if he ever seems lathargic or you're not getting wet nappies or regular poo's then its time to think about whether he is getting enough.
i would advise you to take to your bed with baby for few days and feed him laying down - have some nibbles and freash water nearby etc.
good luck

you could ask a bf counceller what she thinks but im 100% sure on my advice. :) .

Hi. I was in a similarposition, I was combining formula and breastmilk and really wated to exclusively breastfeed. I achieved it by feeding Seren all day and night, I took tomy bed with her, I got some dvds etc and just saton the sofsa. Sometimes it did get too much and after a massive feeding sessio I would sometimes give Seren a bottleofformula so I could get a break but one day I was able to do it all bymyself, ad never looked back after that.

I agree with all the adviceyou have been given, I ate loads of porridge and flapjack ad drak tons of . Good luck with it all:)

Budge has got some great advice and I'm sure that's what you'd be advised. I'd just be a teeny bit concerned about completely stopping it as you haven't been breastfeeding for a few weeks. But if you keep watching him then I'm sure everything will be ok.

Oooh it's quite exciting! I miss the days of one baby and making the most of growth spurts by snuggling in doors for a few days!

You've been given some great advice, let us know how it goes.

Any excuse to eat tons of flapjack mmmmmmmm

Kina said:
Budge has got some great advice and I'm sure that's what you'd be advised. I'd just be a teeny bit concerned about completely stopping it as you haven't been breastfeeding for a few weeks. But if you keep watching him then I'm sure everything will be ok.

Oooh it's quite exciting! I miss the days of one baby and making the most of growth spurts by snuggling in doors for a few days!

its possible when you have other kids too Kina! just share the flap jack and other tastey nibbles and bribe them to sit still :lol:

It's not the same though - I used to get to choose the tv channel/DVDs! Now it's Barney or Cbeebies :shock:

Nothing to add to the above really apart from GOOD LUCK!!! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back